PDA

View Full Version : Saturday Silver with Digger Don & Noah

Tony Two-Cent
06-05-2018, 02:28 PM
I had surgery on May 21 to repair a herniated disc in my back. When Digger Don texted me this past Friday to go detecting I decided that I had convalesced enough. :-)

I met Digger Don and Noah at an old courthouse at 7:00 a.m. on Saturday. Finds were few at the courthouse so we started door knocking. I only had about 4 hours before I had to leave so we made the best of it with all of us getting multiple silvers. I had to sit back and watch the other guys dig half dollars though, as none found their way under my coil. Nevertheless is was a fun morning!

Here are all of my coins for the day:

I ended up with 6 silver coins and 12 Wheat Cents:

Here are my non-coin finds:

It was a pleasure finally getting to meet Noah (Tim) and it is always fun detecting with Don!

* In the spirit of full disclosure I must confess that I scratched the obverse of the Barber Dime. It bothered me so much that I photo-shopped the scratch out. So sue me!

OxShoeDrew
06-05-2018, 03:19 PM
:lol: @ photoshopping! That's some mighty fine hunting my friend!! I scratched a silver this week too :(
I'm glad your surgery went well and you're on the mend!!

Full Metal Digger
06-05-2018, 03:32 PM
Nice selection of finds Tony! That's an impressive haul of silver for just 4 hours swinging. Sorry you scratched the barber. It's in amazing shape. Can you believe 1915 is the only year dime I haven't found? I don't know why it is so elusive for me. Glad you're feeling better after your surgery for gender disphoria. :rofl:

Tony Two-Cent
06-05-2018, 03:36 PM
Can you believe 1915 is the only year dime I haven't found? I don't know why it is so elusive for me.

Funny you should say that. When I found it I mentioned to Don and Tim that this is the first 1915 Barber Dime I've ever found. They are scarce here in the Midwest for some reason. Now the only year I still haven't found is 1908.

Glad you're feeling better after your surgery for gender disphoria. :rofl:

:behave:

Bucknut
06-05-2018, 04:51 PM
Good to see you posting again with your usual great finds! I would mention that the Barber is gorgeous but maybe I should say that you did a great job of photo shopping it! Nice trifecta.

Digger Don
06-05-2018, 05:57 PM
Great job Tony. if I'm correct, all but the barber came out of one yard.
That barber cleaned up nice. lol. It wasn't much of a scratch anyway!
Some day, just once, I'm going to dig more silver than you on one of our hunts!:hystericallaugh:Ok, maybe not!!
Looking forward to our hunt!

Noah
06-07-2018, 12:00 AM
You did will Tony! :)

MIKE54
06-07-2018, 08:54 AM
Great hunt per usual Tony,glad to see you back on your feet again!

Digger_O'Dell
06-07-2018, 09:57 AM
Well done Tony, got a nice dime trifecta there! Glad you're doing better, and finally got to meet Tim. Love hunting with those guys too. But I'll admit its intimidating since I would pop copper roofing nails by the handful while Tim pulls up IH spills and Don grabs all the the seated. :hystericallaugh:

aloldstuff
06-07-2018, 04:10 PM
Glad to hear that the surgery went well. Very nice pile of silvers and your confession is priceless.

BTV Digger
06-09-2018, 09:01 AM
Good to see you're on the road to recovery Tony! Also good to see you getting out with the other fellas and digging more silver. so a 1908 barber dime is the only one you have left to find? Now that's nuts! I've found just 3 ever, though admittedly have been hunting for just 4 years. Keep finding the goods!

John

Pastpursuits
06-09-2018, 01:18 PM
Great Digs guys ! Awesome !!

Cheap Thrills
06-09-2018, 02:07 PM
Wow , All that in 4hrs. and while recouping from back surgery !:shocked03: You are one tough Hombre !:yes: Nice coins and some amazing detail on the 15' Barber and the 20" Merc . Glad to hear your surgery went well and you are on the mend .

wisconsin digger
06-12-2018, 11:22 AM
Looks lke your hunt off the DL was a great success, congrats on all the nice finds especially that Barber, it really looks nice. Congrats WD