PDA

View Full Version : Hometown not hunted out

Noah
06-17-2018, 08:49 PM
64481Well took a couple hours to myself today. Wasn’t sure what I could do with my dad in the hospital, couldn’t go far like usual Saturday’s. Oh and he’s ok now, so thankful for that! Anyhow saw a moving sale at a 1915 home nearby. Hmm.... Well started working the side yard and was pulling wheat pennies when it came to me I’d done the house couple decades ago. Ugg!!
Don Will tell you how much I like side yards LOL but there was nothing in this one then or now. However my saving grace was that I’d never done the backyard. Turns out there must’ve been a lot of activity back in the day as it wasn’t long that I started pulling silver. First plug was a Mercury dime. Second plug another Mercury dime with a friend. Yet another Mercury dime! as it went along I got five Mercury dimes as it went along I got five Mercury dimes, one of them had a Franklin half with it! And then of course I got the usual Roosevelt dime. All in all seven silver. Also couple Chinese coin and a gold Athletic pin. Did I mention about 20 wheat pennies?

Bucknut
06-17-2018, 08:57 PM
Awesome house! Congrats on the silver. How hot was it? These temps make it difficult to last awhile.

Full Metal Digger
06-17-2018, 10:08 PM
Dang Noah! Looks like one of Don's pictures except it ain't! Congrats on a stellar day. I know your heat index was well above a 100 degrees so you must have been roasting. HH, Dave.

Noah
06-17-2018, 11:07 PM
Don would have found the half dollar for sure had he been with me LOL! It was hotter than blazes Daddy Digger. All the silver was in the backyard, fortunately shaded by some large trees. Thanks you two.

Digger_O'Dell
06-18-2018, 01:08 AM
Great hunt! Makes it worthwhile braving the heat. But you're glad you saved the back yard till this hunt!

Tony Two-Cent
06-18-2018, 09:50 AM
Kudos to you for enduring these sweltering temperatures! I couldn't do it. It certainly paid off for you! Nice results and a great pile of silver!

:congrats:

aloldstuff
06-18-2018, 11:10 AM
WOW...super nice back yard. Congrats on all those silvers and kudos for braving the heat.

MIKE54
06-18-2018, 11:37 AM
What a hunt! For some reason I find more Walkers than Franklins. Your heat just arrived in Ct.

Digger Don
06-18-2018, 01:19 PM
Congrats on a great hunt. Too hot for me, I stayed home watching a Jimmy Stewart western in my air conditioned living room!!

Noah
06-18-2018, 04:23 PM
I just love those old Western, felt like desert heat out there too LOL! I can't wait to endure the Connecticut heat, so long as it produces colonial! Homeowners had just sold the house and said the buyers were both lawyers and didn't need anything so they were glad I was able to find some good coins! My only complaint, not really a complaint but I did want to find older coins. My only complaint, not really a complaint but I did want to find older coins. I guess the Chinese coins count!

OxShoeDrew
06-19-2018, 04:07 AM
not really a complaint but I did want to find older coins. I guess the Chinese coins count!Yeah, when we find Chinese coins they're always 200 yrs old. Wonderful hunt, Noah!

Noah
06-20-2018, 08:45 AM
Yeah, when we find Chinese coins they're always 200 yrs old. Wonderful hunt, Noah! Thanks buddy. I think I'll have to hunt a few more in this town.