PDA

View Full Version : Some Park Hunts - Coppers - BSA x2 - Buttons

aloldstuff
06-21-2018, 11:06 AM
So I tried to get my 1000th wheat and I failed. But some other nice goodies ended up in my pouch instead.

I tried the door knocking thing yesterday and that didn't go very well. First house "NO", second house - no one home, third house, gotta talk to my dad. So as I was driving around I passed this little park. Sure why not, there has to be some wheat's in there. NOPE. The very first hole I dug 1842 LC. What the heck is this doing here. I started noticing what was around me, across the street was a huge farm field behind some older homes. Hummmm.....second hole, flat button. Now I start my back and forth towards the street side. As we all know the closer you get to the street the more trash you'll find. So I then went back to the middle of this field and got a 1743 KGII. At the end of that row I get the BSA buckle. Called it a day.

Went back this AM hoping for some more coppers. Figured that I had to do the street side just to get it out of the way. Got myself a totally toasted copper. I then went back to other side of the field and managed a dandy button.

The two wheat's and the BSA coin were found in a park in Springfield. So I got two BSA items from 2 different parks in 2 different states.

My wheat quest is now down to 10.

Thanks for reading and HH everyone.

Bucknut
06-21-2018, 11:15 AM
3 different centuries of pennies (or cents) is awesome! #1000 is sure to be sooner than later.

Tony Two-Cent
06-21-2018, 11:28 AM
I hate it when I go looking for Wheat Cents and all I find is Colonial coppers and Large Cents! :hairpulling:

:lol:

Good job, Al! I wish we could find coppers in the parks around here. Best of luck on your quest for 1000 wheaties. :yes:

aloldstuff
06-21-2018, 01:18 PM
I hate it when I go looking for Wheat Cents and all I find is Colonial coppers and Large Cents! :hairpulling:

:lol:

Good job, Al! I wish we could find coppers in the parks around here. Best of luck on your quest for 1000 wheaties. :yes:

I know right....those dang coppers keep getting in the way..:lol:

OxShoeDrew
06-21-2018, 03:10 PM
Nice park you found, Al! Oddly, I was at a colonial site today and along with the normal digs found two wheats! I love that scout token! You must have visited my state? Congrats, Al!

Digger_O'Dell
06-21-2018, 03:13 PM
That's some good hunting there! So many people dismiss parks, but dont notice what's around them. Just because it's a modern looking park today doesn't mean there isn't history there.

aloldstuff
06-21-2018, 03:21 PM
That's some good hunting there! So many people dismiss parks, but dont notice what's around them. Just because it's a modern looking park today doesn't mean there isn't history there.

I have another park which was all corn fields at one time. I know this because I detected it when they were corn fields. They built some very nice houses next to the park. This park has a ball field and a soccer field....it did have some LC's, seated coins, KG, MA militia button all found after the park was made.

aloldstuff
06-21-2018, 03:22 PM
Nice park you found, Al! Oddly, I was at a colonial site today and along with the normal digs found two wheats! I love that scout token! You must have visited my state? Congrats, Al!

No but I would like to....you almost on summer vacation?

OxShoeDrew
06-21-2018, 03:37 PM
Another week :thumbsup01:

Cheap Thrills
06-21-2018, 06:05 PM
Nice going on your finds Al . One Large Cent find on the West Coast here would make me happier than all the wheats I have ever found (I've found some good ones too ) . Keep up the good work !:thumbsup01:

del
06-21-2018, 08:44 PM
Nice field , i bet there are more nice coppers and silver around Al .

Happy Birthday by the way !:cheering:

aloldstuff
06-22-2018, 05:00 AM
Nice field , i bet there are more nice coppers and silver around Al .

Happy Birthday by the way !:cheering:

Thanks for the birthday wish. As I left the field yesterday I thought that there should be some early silver but not any that got under my coil. Maybe on a return visit...:thumbsup02:

Cheap Thrills
06-22-2018, 10:14 AM
Happy Birthday Al ! Have a great one !:yahoo: :bananadance:Hmmmm…… just noticing …….. does anyone else here notice that the banana dancer can be a little too explicit at times ?

aloldstuff
06-22-2018, 12:04 PM
Just by saying "dancing banana" should be enough....:lol:

Donnie B
06-23-2018, 07:24 AM
Wow! That park is a nice spot!

BTV Digger
06-23-2018, 07:34 PM
...And a happy belated birthday from me as well Al! Gotta love parks with LCs in them. I haven't had that experience yet, but do have a set of soccer fields from which I've found several flat buttons, musket balls, heel plates etc. Nicest button came about 1 yard out in front of the goalie net on one field. New England rules!

John

MIKE54
06-25-2018, 08:21 AM
Happy birthday Old Al stuff, I mean Aloldstuff :lol: The V3i is a wheatie machine for sure. I have 77 so far this year. The deep green ones tend to ring in high around 83 vdi especially the ones I got at Southwick (disguised as silver quarters). Hope you get 10 more soon. When are the roads going in?

aloldstuff
06-25-2018, 09:28 AM
Happy birthday Old Al stuff, I mean Aloldstuff :lol: The V3i is a wheatie machine for sure. I have 77 so far this year. The deep green ones tend to ring in high around 83 vdi especially the ones I got at Southwick (disguised as silver quarters). Hope you get 10 more soon. When are the roads going in?

thanks for the birthday wish....haven't heard squat about the roads. Relatives are out of the country for now

wisconsin digger
06-26-2018, 08:30 AM
Sometimes things just work out. Great recoveries. WD