PDA

View Full Version : Copper, Odd Buckle

OxShoeDrew
06-21-2018, 02:59 PM
Anyone know what that buckle frame was used for? It's flat, heavy duty, and old. Thanks!

aloldstuff
06-21-2018, 05:43 PM
Couple nice finds there Drew. I would guess that the buckle was used to tighten the bag that the LC was in. Obviously it didn't work to well so that is why it was discarded. Just guessing here.....:lol:. You get a date on that LC?

Cheap Thrills
06-21-2018, 05:57 PM
Nice going on your finds Drew ! I wouldn't be surprised if the buckle is off a Pilgrim's Hat . I can picture a pilgrim loosing it during a scuffle with a wounded Turkey he shot for the first Thanksgiving .:yes:

Lodge Scent
06-21-2018, 09:25 PM
Good digs Drew. Both Al and Cheap Thrills had brilliant suggestions for the buckle. However they are BOTH wrong. To the highly trained eye it is not a buckle, it is a number "8". It would have been nailed to the front door on the log cabin that stood on that cellar hole you were detecting at so that the ye olde colonial mail man would know where to deliver his packages.

aloldstuff
06-22-2018, 09:38 AM
Aren't we just a bunch of helpful guys.....:hystericallaugh:

Donnie B
06-22-2018, 12:17 PM
That buckle could be an oldie. Look in the Buckle Book and see if you can find a match. Congrats!

BTV Digger
06-23-2018, 07:22 PM
Nice scores Drew! The buckle definitely looks like an older style, but alas I don't have the buckle book like some of these guys do! Is that a Classic Head LC lurking under the crud?

John