PDA

View Full Version : Double Conestoga day!

BTV Digger
06-22-2018, 06:16 PM
Well, the fields are now officially shut down until fall, so time to move onto mid-season cellar hole hunting. I scored a permission at the first farmhouse I stopped at - 800 acres with two cellar holes and an old school site back in the woods. Finds were slow, but steady enough to keep me going for the 5 hours I was out there. Ending up finding 2 Conestoga Bells, one at cellar #1 and the other toward the end of the day right in the road near cellar #2. Really stoked about those, and my first double Conestoga day! Also pulled a few flat buttons, pewter spoon fragments and a late day 1850 Braided Hair LC in so-so shape right before I left the last site. I've detected enough by now to realize when sites have been hit before, and these certainly were. But folks, there's always a few other goodies left behind. HH!

John

aloldstuff
06-22-2018, 06:27 PM
Who wouldn't be happy with a double conestoga bell day, don't think I have even seen a double conestoga bell day posted. And they are both different styles. Huge congrats John....:thumbsup02:. Looks like the finds were enough to keep you there and your LC is also nice.

Digger_O'Dell
06-22-2018, 07:45 PM
Wow, great hunting! Love those bells. Still hoping to find a conestoga to scratch off my bucket list. Nice looking buttons and marbles too!

Lodge Scent
06-22-2018, 07:50 PM
That is pretty cool John. I've seen multiple crotals but not multiple conestogas. Good job sniffing them out.

Cheap Thrills
06-22-2018, 11:29 PM
:congrats:Sweet going on the bells and the Largie !

Donnie B
06-23-2018, 07:22 AM
Beautiful bells! Congrats!

OxShoeDrew
06-23-2018, 07:49 AM
I wouldn't have noticed they are different styles, Al.....You also found all those marbles there, John? :congrats:

Bucknut
06-23-2018, 08:31 AM
That's is a great hunt for sure! Congrats!

DavidGC
06-23-2018, 09:20 AM
Any day with a bell or a coin is a great day.
Congrats on another great site for you, John.

BTV Digger
06-23-2018, 07:20 PM
Who wouldn't be happy with a double conestoga bell day, don't think I have even seen a double conestoga bell day posted. And they are both different styles. Huge congrats John....:thumbsup02:. Looks like the finds were enough to keep you there and your LC is also nice.

Thanks Al. Yeah, the one with the top broken off looks to be a slightly later date bell imo - likely late 1800s to around 1900. The other one is from an older site - probably more like mid 1800s.

Wow, great hunting! Love those bells. Still hoping to find a conestoga to scratch off my bucket list. Nice looking buttons and marbles too!

Thanks much!

That is pretty cool John. I've seen multiple crotals but not multiple conestogas. Good job sniffing them out.

Always check those old roads Jeff! I bet a third of my bells (crotals and conestogas) have come from them.

:congrats:Sweet going on the bells and the Largie !

Thanks sir!

Beautiful bells! Congrats!

Thanks Donnie!

I wouldn't have noticed they are different styles, Al.....You also found all those marbles there, John? :congrats:

Thanks Drew! Actually the marbles just happened to be in the background. They're from an earlier hunt and I'm not sure I posted them on here or not. I'm running out of room on my garage table with this year's finds - time to start finding some containers to put them in!

That's is a great hunt for sure! Congrats!

Thanks man!

Any day with a bell or a coin is a great day.
Congrats on another great site for you, John.

Thanks David. I guess more quality than quantity on this hunt, though I did pull quite a bit of trash including like 5 iron rings. Man those sound really good when they're deep in the ground!

del
06-28-2018, 02:19 AM
some great finds John , i guess losing your fields isn't going to slow you down at all !:groovy:don't hear to many with multiple bell finds , well done sir !:clapping: