PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me?

Digger_O'Dell
06-23-2018, 10:26 AM
Just wondering. Is it just me, or has the hunting finds been overly lean this year for everyone? It's almost the end of June, and I know I haven't found much of note this year other than a couple silvers and the sterling ring that made the banner, and 2 Indians. As I remember, last season there were a lot more posts from the regulars here and they almost always had a ton of finds to show.
In my case I know I haven't been out nearly as much as usual. Other than my Florida vacation, I've worked almost every day since February. I'm also moving next month which will keep me occupied for a while too. I do plan to take a couple more breaks from swinging this year to try some gold panning on my area. Just got notice that the sluice I ordered more than a month ago should arrive today. :thumbsup02:
Anyone have any thoughts on why this year has seemed to be so lacking in finds? I know I've heard from a few people about running out of places to go, and I'm feeling that pinch myself. Anyone else?

Bucknut
06-23-2018, 02:30 PM
I have been busy with home / family projects. I have hunted about half as much as I usually do. But I hope that will change later this summer.

aloldstuff
06-23-2018, 03:13 PM
If it wasn't for the golf course my finds would be way less than previous years. Having a difficult time getting new spots though I just found that park which I will be returning to. I do not get any weekends off so door knocking in the middle of the week is hard.

badgers325
07-03-2018, 03:58 PM
Combination of things for me. Ruptured achilles tendon that is still on the mend (1 year rehab). My PT has been to metal detect though or is that PT for my mind???? Been a little difficult getting to new places. Will be posting some finds later on when I get a chance.

Full Metal Digger
07-03-2018, 04:09 PM
Have you not been following Digger Don's posts??? He has been KILLING it this year--and he's not even a very good detectorist! LOL! :coffeelaugh:

Digger_O'Dell
07-03-2018, 04:30 PM
Have you not been following Digger Don's posts??? He has been KILLING it this year--and he's not even a very good detectorist! LOL! :coffeelaugh:

Wow, sounds like a friendly challenge! :detecting: But when it comes to killing it, I think you've got that title!

Lodge Scent
07-03-2018, 09:21 PM
All you "Diggers" are doing OK. Not sure I would want to challenge Daddy Digger at the moment. The land he is detecting has 5,000 more years worth of great junk on it than what we have. ;)

I'm a bit behind from last year at this point and it will likely be late September before I do any serious detecting.

Noah
07-03-2018, 09:25 PM
It's lacking because Don is finding everything. :hystericallaugh:

Full Metal Digger
07-03-2018, 11:54 PM
It's lacking because Don is finding everything. :hystericallaugh:

You've been doing pretty darn good yourself Noah! You just got to quit letting Don have the "good" side of the yard so you can get more silver half dollars!

Donnie B
07-04-2018, 09:02 AM
When Danny found the GW site a month ago that changed my year from a really good year to a fantasticly, greatly, BIGLY year!:perfect10:

Fire Fighter 43
07-04-2018, 02:42 PM
It’s been lack of time for me this spring and early summer. Having two kids in there early teens has kept me running on a daily basis. I’ve been averaging about 1000 miles a week with sports and other activities. Plus my close spots are all starting to dry up. Oh Yah, my golf season and my sons junior golf season are in full swing, no pun intended. I hoping for a great fall detecting season.