PDA

View Full Version : DAY 2 TRASHY CELLAR HOLE

HEAVYMETALNUT
09-05-2010, 07:03 PM
popped out a few finds at the same site as yesterday. the Dandy or cloaker is a bit rough but a nice design,a small bent shoe buckle frame and a brass diamond shaped bridle thing-a-ma-jig

HEAVYMETALNUT
09-05-2010, 07:04 PM
last pic

coinnut
09-05-2010, 07:14 PM
What NO coins again? :bop: :bop: March you butt right out there mister and don't come home without one lol And while you are at it, get a complete shoe buckle too ;) Trashy sites are hard on your ears Dave but can produce sometimes. Look at all the missed targets you have found there already. Nice cloaker, buckle and horse decoration :clapping:

HEAVYMETALNUT
09-05-2010, 07:16 PM
What NO coins again? :bop: :bop: March you butt right out there mister and don't come home without one lol And while you are at it, get a complete shoe buckle too ;) Trashy sites are hard on your ears Dave but can produce sometimes. Look at all the missed targets you have found there already. Nice cloaker, buckle and horse decoration :clapping:

i told ya i was cursed :crying02: no coins :confused: rofl

coinnut
09-05-2010, 07:31 PM
i told ya i was cursed :crying02: no coins :confused: rofl

Don't make us go there and find them for ya rofl You will get them. They are there, just well hidden and in small quantities crying01 One copper came out of there already didn't it? Did he ever get a date off of it? If it's close and you don't have any better spot, keep hitting it.

del
09-05-2010, 08:20 PM
some good relics Dave , i like the horse mount decoration as it looks pretty old . thumbsup01 no way you can straighten out the buckle :confused: :confused: or is it to far gone :huh: how did your partner Frank do:huh:

HEAVYMETALNUT
09-05-2010, 08:29 PM
Don't make us go there and find them for ya rofl You will get them. They are there, just well hidden and in small quantities crying01 One copper came out of there already didn't it? Did he ever get a date off of it? If it's close and you don't have any better spot, keep hitting it.

yeah his was a 1820.

HEAVYMETALNUT
09-05-2010, 08:42 PM
some good relics Dave , i like the horse mount decoration as it looks pretty old . thumbsup01 no way you can straighten out the buckle :confused: :confused: or is it to far gone :huh: how did your partner Frank do:huh:

frank got one small plain flat button.i was thinkin about trying to straighten it. how should i go about it? as i never attempted to try one yet :confused: in the vise wrapped in a rag.and slowly bend it back? :confused:

coinnut
09-05-2010, 08:46 PM
I was thinkin about trying to straighten it. how should i go about it? as i never attempted to try one yet :confused: in the vise wrapped in a rag.and slowly bend it back? :confused:

Snap lol

del
09-05-2010, 09:04 PM
frank got one small plain flat button.i was thinkin about trying to straighten it. how should i go about it? as i never attempted to try one yet :confused: in the vise wrapped in a rag.and slowly bend it back? :confused:

Snap lol

its a very delicate and slow process Dave , because the item it weaker at the bend to begin with and your never quite sure how the metal is going to react . will it still have some play and work with you or is it going to just snap :shocked04: , game over 8/ lol lol

HEAVYMETALNUT
09-06-2010, 12:44 AM
have you ever done one? if so..how did ya do it?

del
09-06-2010, 12:22 PM
have you ever done one? if so..how did ya do it?

i've done a few , look it over good and check to see if the metal is distorted in size in the areas where its bent compared to where its not . if its noticeably smaller , uneven in texture and color the integrity of the metal in that area has been greatly weakened and theres not a whole lot you can do with it , unless you apply heat but i don't do that unless its a last resort.i have a set of small pliers with leather covering the jaws to prevent them from maring the metal , go slow and bend as little at a time . got any scrap pieces of shoe buckle ya found , i'd recommend practicing on them first to get a feel for it .

HEAVYMETALNUT
09-06-2010, 04:44 PM
i've done a few , look it over good and check to see if the metal is distorted in size in the areas where its bent compared to where its not . if its noticeably smaller , uneven in texture and color the integrity of the metal in that area has been greatly weakened and theres not a whole lot you can do with it , unless you apply heat but i don't do that unless its a last resort.i have a set of small pliers with leather covering the jaws to prevent them from maring the metal , go slow and bend as little at a time . got any scrap pieces of shoe buckle ya found , i'd recommend practicing on them first to get a feel for it .

thanks Dan.i'm pretty handy so,i may put it in the vise and slowly work it.what do i have to lose.
i'll keep ya posted.