PDA

View Full Version : Old Buttons, Buckles, and a Coin Spill in the Woods Today!

Full Metal Digger
07-06-2018, 03:06 PM
Hey Diggers,
I went to a new section of woods today and hunted for about 5 hours. There weren't a lot of signals but I still managed to make a few good finds. I finally got a Medieval button as well as my largest silver coin since I have been here. It's a Prussian 1804 4 Groschen and it was in a spill of 5 coins that was spread out in an area about 8 ft by 5 ft. I also got another tiny shoe buckle and then another buckle (not sure what kind) that still has leather in it. Thanks for looking and HH, Dave.

badgers325
07-06-2018, 04:06 PM
I absolutely love seeing your finds! Great job sir!!!

Bucknut
07-06-2018, 10:46 PM
Oh look some new amazing DaddyDigger avatars! Not that I'm jealous of your avatars or anything.

Digger_O'Dell
07-07-2018, 06:11 AM
That coin spill I think may be one short of a hoard! :lol: Great hunting, cant wait to see what you find next!

Lodge Scent
07-07-2018, 08:02 AM
What a great assortment ! All very cool.

OxShoeDrew
07-07-2018, 04:15 PM
Simply amazing, Dave!! :wow::clapping:

Digger Don
07-08-2018, 12:22 AM
WOULD YOU PLEASE STOP SHOWING OFF!!

Seriously, Awesome finds Dave. I know you never imagined how much cool stuff you were going to find this fast!!:congrats:

Donnie B
07-09-2018, 06:21 AM
The medieval button is absolutely stunning. Congrats!

Tony Two-Cent
07-09-2018, 09:44 AM
I am running out of superlatives to describe your hunts, Dave! That coin spill is incredible! How fun it must have been digging those coins!
And two of them are silver! :wow:

As you kept getting signals in that small area you had to have known it was going to be another old coin. Super exciting!

The buttons and buckles are amazing as well! :yes:

:perfect10:

Full Metal Digger
07-09-2018, 10:29 AM
I absolutely love seeing your finds! Great job sir!!!

Thanks, I hope to keep posting them until I get kicked off this forum!

Oh look some new amazing DaddyDigger avatars! Not that I'm jealous of your avatars or anything.

Well, I had only planned to update my avatar every time I get a new older silver coin...but if it drives you crazy with jealousy I'll do it more often! LOL

That coin spill I think may be one short of a hoard! :lol: Great hunting, cant wait to see what you find next!

Thanks, I look forward to making the next finds!

What a great assortment ! All very cool.

Thanks!

Simply amazing, Dave!! :wow::clapping:

Thanks Drew. It's almost surreal and I don't want to get spoiled and take it for granted.

WOULD YOU PLEASE STOP SHOWING OFF!!

Says the guy who has found more silver half dollars in 6 months than most of us have in 6 years (me included)!

The medieval button is absolutely stunning. Congrats!
Thanks Donnie. The coin spill was awesome but I must admit the button made my day!

As you kept getting signals in that small area you had to have known it was going to be another old coin. Super exciting!

It's true Tony! After I put the coin in my pouch I re-swept the pile of dirt and was shocked to hear another signal! How did I miss that I thought. Then 2 feet away another signal. And then others nearby. It was so sweet to dig those coins after an hour+ of NO signals. I was starting to get discouraged.

aloldstuff
07-09-2018, 12:41 PM
Another great job of saving history.....keep it up