PDA

View Full Version : Nathan Hale Homestead

OxShoeDrew
07-07-2018, 04:01 PM
Had a pleasant visit today at the Nathan Hale homestead. I thought the following pics would be of interest to our members.

Digger_O'Dell
07-07-2018, 04:18 PM
Very cool! But you would like to find shoe buckles in that condition! :lol: Love those pewter dice too.

OxShoeDrew
07-07-2018, 05:45 PM
Very cool! But you would like to find shoe buckles in that condition! :lol: Love those pewter dice too.
:lol: I wish, Chris...the only way I'd find one in this condition is if it was gold!! I'm assuming they aren't gold...they were wealthy, but not royalty :lol:
Really cool to see a silver Fugio dollar though! I wouldn't mind finding that!!

Digger_O'Dell
07-07-2018, 07:10 PM
:lol: I wish, Chris...the only way I'd find one in this condition is if it was gold!! I'm assuming they aren't gold...they were wealthy, but not royalty :lol:
Really cool to see a silver Fugio dollar though! I wouldn't mind finding that!!

The coins in the photo are too blurry to make an I. D. I had never heard of any Fugio other than the copper cent, which is top of my bucket list (outside of a Birch cent or gold coin of course!). So I had to look them up and see that they are pattern coins from 1776 and never officually circulated. Apparently they had bronze, pewter and silver examples with 3 die varieties. No clue how many were actually made or the values. I guess a pewter one sold in 2003 for around $23k. A couple bronze and pewter ones later went unsold at auction. But heck yeah, that would be a real find!

Digger Don
07-08-2018, 12:17 AM
Very cool. thanks for sharing!!

aloldstuff
07-08-2018, 10:37 AM
Well done Drew.....most of us are now drooling. Great pics.

Cheap Thrills
07-08-2018, 12:10 PM
Cool stuff Drew , thanks for posting .I would love to have the coat , hat , fluffy shirt ( ala Steinfeld ) and all the other parts of the outfit to go with it .It would definitely would be the hit of a costume party. I had to look twice at the coin in the middle of the purse though , I thought someone had put a corroding Chuck E. Cheese coin in the picture ( old age is hitting hard ).

Full Metal Digger
07-09-2018, 05:03 AM
Very cool Drew! Thanks for posting. I'm wondering if Mr. Hale was a gambling man! (Dice in wallet with money)

Donnie B
07-09-2018, 06:15 AM
Drew, those look like Higley coppers in his purse.

Lodge Scent
07-09-2018, 07:17 AM
I love visiting places like that. The Higley was the first thing that caught my eye. :cheesysmile: