PDA

View Full Version : Amazing Old Beautiful Seated

Bucknut
07-20-2018, 07:18 AM
Last night I found perhaps my bestest most beautifulest Seated. I was hunting a spot that dates to the 1850's. Been hitting this spot the 6 years with the Etrac and even the deus but more recently with the EQ800. Honestly I was just enjoying the perfect evening and digging every deep signal (got to be a trime there!). The Etrac would have missed this guy I am 95% sure...the deus probably would have seen it.

Enjoy the eye candy...

I found some other goodies but I will post them another day.

Thanks for looking - Jared

Digger Don
07-20-2018, 09:04 AM
Awesome find Jared. Great shape.
So you really think the Nox does better than the etrac?

Bucknut
07-20-2018, 09:23 AM
Awesome find Jared. Great shape.
So you really think the Nox does better than the etrac?

It has its strengths and weaknesses BUT its strengths make it better than the Etrac in my opinion. Particularly how fast it is compared to the Etrac in the trash/iron. If I was hunting a virgin spot then either machine would work well but at the hunted out spots that I detect so much I find that the Nox can see things that my Etrac missed. To be fair though I can't 100% prove that unless I take both machines out and find a target with the Nox and then see if I can hear it with the Etrac. Maybe I will do that some day.

Digger_O'Dell
07-20-2018, 10:29 AM
Wow Jared, it really is a beautiful coin! . Love how the background has that frosted look. Congrats!

Lodge Scent
07-20-2018, 10:30 AM
Lovely find for sure. Congrats.

Full Metal Digger
07-20-2018, 11:12 AM
Love the gray patina in the low areas! Really highlights the details of the coin. Congrats and quit saying bad things about the e-trac! LOL.

Bucknut
07-20-2018, 11:24 AM
Love the gray patina in the low areas! Really highlights the details of the coin. Congrats and quit saying bad things about the e-trac! LOL.

OK "Mr. I now use a deus instead of my first true love...the Etrac". I agree the patina is amazing. It is interesting how all the high points do not have it while the low areas do.

Full Metal Digger
07-20-2018, 12:45 PM
OK "Mr. I now use a deus instead of my first true love...the Etrac".

Touche' my friend! You got me good on that one! Someday you and I will finally meet up for some detecting and ball busting! LOL.

Tony Two-Cent
07-20-2018, 01:41 PM
Wow! That certainly IS an old beautiful seated! And it has the arrows at the date too! What a wonderful find, and it is in great shape. Gorgeous! :loveit:

:congrats:

del
07-20-2018, 03:33 PM
Great coin Jared , I have yet to see a bad 54 half dime !

Ill Digger
07-21-2018, 03:32 AM
OK "Mr. I now use a deus instead of my first true love...the Etrac".
:coffeelaugh::rofl: Good one Jared!
And that coin is a real beauty ! Like the other have said the patina and toning are percect!
Great find!
Congrats! :grin:

Still looking for one of those myself. :envious:

MIKE54
07-23-2018, 03:08 PM
That is one sweet coin.

Donnie B
07-24-2018, 05:51 AM
Beautiful with arrows.

Cooper
07-25-2018, 08:19 PM
Nice find I love it when you flip the dirt over and the coin is right there

wisconsin digger
07-26-2018, 11:45 PM
A lot of great finds getting posted recently and this was one of the nicer ones. Congrats on a great find. WD

aloldstuff
08-01-2018, 09:26 AM
Such a beauty of a coin.....you stop smiling yet?

Bucknut
08-01-2018, 09:33 AM
Such a beauty of a coin.....you stop smiling yet?

Nope!

OxShoeDrew
08-05-2018, 03:05 PM
Jeepers, I missed this! :congrats:
I've been hitting parks this summer trying to learn the EQX...but every time I take it to cellar hole lips I've previously pounded (lots of nails etc) I ALWAYS find a copper or dandy. I'm still not certain if, after some years, logs rotted or debris moved allowing me to hit on these targets but it happens every time. It happened yesterday. The EQX is amazing in this regard- if you're in trash with lots of iron and low conductors dig all the 20 and over, one-way signals or better, and you'll get higher conductors. There is no falsing on this machine, you don't have to learn work arounds, just dig every time you hear the high tone and it's almost always a winner. It really amazes me.
Was your half dime co-located with other targets? Was it deep? Why would the other machines have missed it? Nice going, Jared!!

Ken C
08-05-2018, 03:57 PM
Very nice! I love the patina! :beerbuddy:

Bucknut
08-05-2018, 06:48 PM
Jeepers, I missed this! :congrats:
Was your half dime co-located with other targets? Was it deep? Why would the other machines have missed it? Nice going, Jared!!

I think it was 7-8 inches deep. It was between a couple shallow trash targets and it gave a high tone. I think it hit both ways but not everytime.

wisconsin digger
08-06-2018, 07:24 AM
Great looking coin congrats, may have to look at a new detector. Thx for posting WD