PDA

View Full Version : Found some great relics and coins today!!

Full Metal Digger
07-22-2018, 11:58 AM
Hey Diggers,
I got out for 5 hours this morning in the same stretch of woods I hunted last week. I was not disappointed! The finds weren't really concentrated in any one area just sort of evenly scattered through the woods. Here's some pics. Thanks for looking and HH, Dave.

Digger_O'Dell
07-22-2018, 04:12 PM
That's some crazy good digging Dave! It never ceases to amaze me the stuff you find and the range of ages!

Lodge Scent
07-22-2018, 06:10 PM
Just keep those finds coming Dave. Awesome stuff. :thumbsup02:

Bucknut
07-22-2018, 07:06 PM
That's a great old buckle. Very cool!

OxShoeDrew
07-23-2018, 07:18 AM
You seem to be having a blast there! What kind of woods are you hunting...public lands?...permissions? :congrats:

Full Metal Digger
07-23-2018, 12:16 PM
It never ceases to amaze me the stuff you find and the range of ages!

I'm with you on that! I still cannot grasp the range of dates I typically find every time I go out. I find myself using terms like Roman and Medieval as though it were wheat cents and Rosies!

Just keep those finds coming Dave.

Thanks, I'll do my best!

That's a great old buckle. Very cool!

One of my favorite finds. I did not yet have that style of buckle in my collection.

What kind of woods are you hunting...public lands?...permissions?

Drew, almost all of the forests are public lands. In most cases, the forest belongs to the local village and they actually appoint a forest master. They treat the forest as though it were a crop. The forest master (and helpers) select trees to be felled and they also plant new trees in barren spots. The felled trees are cut up into firewood and the people in the village get a share of firewood. In my village your family must have lived here at least 20 years to qualify but people over 70 years old get free firewood no matter how long they have lived here. There is also a hunt master (jagermeister). He controls who hunts and how many deer, boars, etc. are taken. You get your hunting permit from him. When I detect in the woods I am very careful to fill in all my holes and not leave trash laying around. I don't want the forest master to have any reason to kick me out!

OxShoeDrew
07-23-2018, 04:51 PM
Drew, almost all of the forests are public lands. In most cases, the forest belongs to the local village and they actually appoint a forest master. They treat the forest as though it were a crop. The forest master (and helpers) select trees to be felled and they also plant new trees in barren spots. The felled trees are cut up into firewood and the people in the village get a share of firewood. In my village your family must have lived here at least 20 years to qualify but people over 70 years old get free firewood no matter how long they have lived here. There is also a hunt master (jagermeister). He controls who hunts and how many deer, boars, etc. are taken. You get your hunting permit from him. When I detect in the woods I am very careful to fill in all my holes and not leave trash laying around. I don't want the forest master to have any reason to kick me out!
So interesting, Dave! So was this forest farmland years ago? Are there cellar holes in the woods like around here? Thanks!

Cooper
07-23-2018, 06:40 PM
Some super nice find

Noah
07-23-2018, 08:26 PM
Cannot wait to see your first gold coin!

Donnie B
07-24-2018, 05:50 AM
The annular buckle, silver coins and French Army button are all just amazing.

Ill Digger
07-24-2018, 02:17 PM
You sure are building a nice collection while you're there Dave! The 1783 3 Kreutzer is SWEET!!
Nice haul! The ring buckle looks similar to a annular brooch.
Good stuff my friend!
Congrats!!:grin:
Finds like these are gonna make Rosie's and Washington quarters even a little less fun when you get back Stateside. :lol: Believe me. I'm feeling it already after my European trip. :yes: Not that we'll be re-buring them or anything crazy like that :lol:

Full Metal Digger
07-24-2018, 03:27 PM
Finds like these are gonna make Rosie's and Washington quarters even a little less fun when you get back Stateside. Believe me. I'm feeling it already after my European trip.

Thanks for commenting Tim. I think the hardest part coming back to America will be knowing all my finds are going to be predominantly in a narrow window of about 150 years. Right now I have 3,000 years of finds all around me. As you know, this brings on a whole new level of excitement when you get that "beep."

Digger Don
07-24-2018, 07:57 PM
You meant to say:"Found some MORE great relics and coins today!!"This is becoming a daily thing with you!
Congrats Dave, You're killing it over there:clapping:

wisconsin digger
07-26-2018, 11:49 PM
Caught up on some of your latest videos. Congrats on all the great finds. WD

aloldstuff
08-01-2018, 09:38 AM
Another very successful hunt. :envious: Keep at it. By the way, have you the space to properly display all these great finds. If not, I have plenty of room.:)