PDA

View Full Version : Old barns

Cooper
07-25-2018, 08:13 PM
I have permission to hunt on some property that had five old barns on it but no houses. I’m more of a coin shooter so my question is do you guys think this would be worth hunting. The lady I work with said they tore them down so it may be pretty trashy.

Digger_O'Dell
07-25-2018, 09:48 PM
If there were people, there are probably coins being lost.

Full Metal Digger
07-25-2018, 11:22 PM
I agree with DOD. People = coins lost! Best wishes and let us know what you find.

del
07-26-2018, 08:22 AM
There were many types of barns so any info on the type of barns may help in determining where to start also if they were associated to a particular homestead for a reference point to and from this site will help finding the heavy traffic routes and lost items . If they were torn down you can expect some iron or metal trash scattered about but that's not always a bad thing . Best of luck and take pictures of what your not sure about and your finds .

Dan

Cooper
07-26-2018, 03:37 PM
Thanks all. I’ll try and get some info on age of the barns. I asked the land owner about any house, she said there weren’t any. but I would think that they would have been close,traveling by horse and buggy would be inconvenient if it were far away.