PDA

View Full Version : 50th silver of 2010

hockeyguy
09-06-2010, 06:27 PM
I went out for 3.5 hours solo today and was hoping to unearth 5 or 6 more silvers to get up real close to Scott, however, the silver gods wouldn't allow it. :hammer: I did , however, locate # 50 for the year! :angelic: That's my best year in the 3+ I have been participating in the hobby.

What's really more amazing is that when I heard this signal, it was broken and inconsistent. For some reason when I pinpointed, I came up with a 00 27- 2 out of 3 times. What was sharing the hole is exactly what allowed me (and not someone else) to find it. The first thing that came out was this large spike nail; I rescanned, turned the earth and in the hole surfaced the washington. Then another rescan and out came the pulltab, another rescan and another pulltab. I really cannot believe that I heard something good in this web of garbage! Something obiously sounded attractive enough to dig! :twirlingeyes: <:

Anyone who has the minelab and certainly the SE should be very comfortable with it's capabilitites....it can do amazing things!

Guess I never thought I'd be happy to have garbage around, but it left this behind for a few hunters to pass up and me to find. I am certain I have passed this signal up a few times before but today i did not reject it.

Not sure if you can see it, but it does have the &quot:grin: mintmark also.

HH

Aaron

randy
09-06-2010, 07:23 PM
Congrats on getting to 50 :clapping: I agree, the minelabs can do amazing things.

angellionel
09-06-2010, 07:25 PM
Nice job picking that one from among the trash, Aaron! thumbsup01 There should be more at that site. :drool:

Congrats on 50! thumbsup01

jkress
09-06-2010, 07:53 PM
Congrats on 50! :peace:

The quarter is a nice looking one.... has character!

coinnut
09-06-2010, 09:22 PM
Holy cow, that's one heck of a nail lol Glad you snuck out that quarter. Scott must be relieved you didn't get 10 silvers rofl He has some breathing room :yes: