PDA

View Full Version : Week of digs

z118
09-06-2010, 07:12 PM
A week of digs... the ground is pretty well dried up but I've been getting after it regardless... Lots of targets, 321 coins total, including 5 wheats, two older nickels, and a 20 santimu Latvian coin. The only keepers were one nice sterling four way medal and one small 10k ring. The ring showed up in a tot lot using the Compadre.

I gave the E-trac a whirl in a few sites that always gave the Sov a hard time, and was kind of dissappointed in the results. For the most part the same places that were rough on the Sov were rough on the E-trac too - lots of falsing, wonky, bouncing signals over good, shallow targets, and general crankiness. Perhaps there are some setting I can adjust on the E-trac to compensate.

Happy hunting!

jkress
09-06-2010, 07:55 PM
Great stuff... love the ring.

That is one series stack of quarters. If only silver quarters were that easy to come by.

Congrats.

coinnut
09-06-2010, 09:19 PM
In those areas that gave the E Trac issues as well, try auto sensitivity without any plus 1, 2 or 3. The E Trac will still go fairly deep in auto and sometimes that is the best you can get out of any machine. If it works, slowly increase to plus 1 or higher. Just remember to go slow and concentrate on the sounds. When we joke about becoming one with the machine, it really does mean that we are totally focused on the ground and the sounds in the headphones. One of these days I'm gonna walk right into a tree and not even know it lol That was a nice hunt by the way :clapping: