PDA

View Full Version : Not too much to report today...

Full Metal Digger
08-19-2018, 01:12 PM
Hi Diggers,
I spent about 4 hours in the woods behind my house this morning. I invited my detecting buddies Tom & Mike (and his son Robert) to join me. We started at about 6:30 (just as the sun was coming up). Finds were really slow at first. My first good target came after more than an hour of swinging, a 1955 wheat cent! I was not expecting that! Once we found a hot spot, the coins and relics started rolling in. All my coins are 1936 to 1944. Most are in pretty bad shape. I did get one tiny silver coin (about the size of a trime), a Netherlands 10 cent dated 1939. This coin is now my newest-dated silver coin I have found in Germany. Tom got the find of the day with a beautiful bronze Medieval ring buckle. Here's some pics and thanks for looking AND commenting!

Bucknut
08-20-2018, 06:42 AM
Maybe for you that is not too much to report but there are some nice finds there. That's a cool little silver! You deserve that wheatie with ALL the amazing finds you have found this year!

BTV Digger
08-20-2018, 06:44 AM
Dave my man. if these finds fall under "the not much" category, what will you say about your finds once you return to the Midwest in a few years?! :lol: Finding any silver coin makes it a decent day for sure. Also love the pipe cap. Very interesting find there.

John

Lodge Scent
08-20-2018, 07:55 AM
"Not too much". Oh I think someone is getting calloused ! Do I have to list every cool find that you made just on this hunt? How many wind caps from the 1700's do you have?

OK Dave, I think you need to come back to the states and detect for a couple of weeks. :lol:

Digger Don
08-20-2018, 08:55 AM
Congrats on bunch of very good finds Dave!
Love that 55 Wheatie:lol: