PDA

View Full Version : My second Bronze age arrowhead plus other goodies today

Full Metal Digger
08-26-2018, 01:30 PM
Hi Diggers,
Got up bright and early this morning to meet Tom for some detecting. It was a brisk 37 degrees! We met up and went to check out a new site that was near a medieval castle site. The hill we were on was covered in bomb shrapnels. My detector was going crazy. When we got to the top we found the ruins of a Nazi bunker that must have gotten blown to hell during WW2! Somehow, in all the debris, Tom managed to find a medieval ring buckle from about 1300! I found nothing.

We decided to head to another spot nearby. By chance, we ended up in the same woods where I got the 5-coin spill with 2 silvers about 2 months ago. This place is well known and has been picked over but you can still make good finds there. After about 30 minutes I was working up a steep hill and got a scratchy signal about 6 inches deep. The soil is very rocky and digging is difficult. When I finally got the target out I thought it was a clock hand at first. Then I realized it was a bronze arrowhead! My second Bronze Age arrowhead in 4 months (approx 1,800 to 700 B.C.) Luckily I managed to get it out of the ground without damaging it.

I found a couple other items but honestly, I hardly remember them! LOL.

Digger_O'Dell
08-26-2018, 02:19 PM
Holy cow, that's incredible! Cant believe how good of condition that arrowhead is. Those other finds are great too. The brooch looks old. Medieval maybe?

Bucknut
08-26-2018, 02:29 PM
That is an OLD piece of history! Congrats!

Tony Two-Cent
08-27-2018, 08:56 AM
Congrats on the very old Bronze Age arrowhead, Dave! It's a find that really gets your imagination working. About 3,000 years old! Can you imagine what life was like back then? It is in great condition too. What a stellar find!

:perfect10:

aloldstuff
08-27-2018, 09:48 AM
Again with the Bronze age goodies :lol:.....huge congrats. That arrow head looks to be in fantastic shape.

Lodge Scent
08-27-2018, 07:15 PM
That is an obscenely cool find :congrats:

Digger Don
08-28-2018, 09:29 AM
Holy Crap Dave. Slow down, you're going to clean that place out !!!
That has got to be your coolest find yet. CONGRATS

BTV Digger
08-28-2018, 03:22 PM
Wow! Fantastic find Dave! You definitely have to dig most everything in that spot!

John

calabash digger
08-30-2018, 04:20 PM
What
a find!

Full Metal Digger
08-30-2018, 11:11 PM
The brooch looks old. Medieval maybe?

It turns out the brooch is from the 12th or 13th centuries and was worn by ladies on the front of their cloak (near the neck).