PDA

View Full Version : My Crotal Bell Display

Bucknut
09-05-2018, 12:42 PM
It finally arrived! I think I first mentioned I would be doing a display about 4-5 months ago when I found a couple small crotal bells at a field permission of mine.

My wife has always wanted a milker. So this past spring I bought her a pregnant Jersey heifer and she was supposed to be due end of May but the farmer was just a bit off on the due date...3+ months off! This past Sunday "Maple" had her calf. Its a bull (soon to be a steer) and his name is "Habs".

We will not have him wear it all the time but I think its nice to hear the bells ringing again even though I think crotal bells were typically for horses back in the day.

I also put together a quick video so that you can listen too. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfzm6dCQzK4

Thanks for looking!
Jared

Tony Two-Cent
09-05-2018, 12:45 PM
That's awesome! It's great to hear those bells ringing again after all those years, and Habs looks as happy as can be! :thumbsup02:

aloldstuff
09-05-2018, 02:08 PM
Great job on getting the bells to ring again. Looks great....:thumbsup02:

OxShoeDrew
09-05-2018, 02:48 PM
That is soooo cool!! Not as cool as your 1812 buttons but hey, YOU set the bar :lol:
Are you by chance a Canadiens fan?

del
09-05-2018, 06:11 PM
:lol: great to hear the bells clinking again and the Calf reacting to the sound .

Ill Digger
09-05-2018, 07:14 PM
:cool: Now that's cooool!! :yes:
They really make some noise when he gets them up to speed! :lol: They sound great! :thumbsup02:

That's the first display case I've seen that you have to feed. :lol: