PDA

View Full Version : beach finds

flueinc
10-25-2009, 11:35 AM
I went to Old orchard beach Maine for an hour this morning for my md fix for the day nice and sunny and warm. oob is the most detected beach in the state. In the summer you can see as many as 25 0r 30 mders on the beach. This time of the year I only saw 2 others their. No good finds today just $1.13 in change but got to md so it was a good time.

Epi-hunter
10-25-2009, 11:47 AM
Hi and welcome! :)

I have heard many people refer to that beach. I envy your location so close to the beaches... I would love to live in Maine. As it is, fresh water detecting is as close as I will get. I need to get the Tiger Shark out.

flueinc
10-25-2009, 11:59 AM
Fresh water beaches are were I get my best finds. Oob is a nice place to go after a storm to see if the waves moved the sand around so you can get the good stuff

OkieDigger
10-25-2009, 12:48 PM
I have a fresh water river here that I have pulled a few tarnished silver rings and coins from. It's tough retrieving them though.

Epi-hunter
10-25-2009, 01:48 PM
There are (supposedly) more lakes, ponds, and rivers in this state than anywhere in the US. I have to dust off that Tiger Shark and get out there. I haven't actually tried shallow water detecting yet. I'm nervous. :-\

flueinc
10-25-2009, 02:00 PM
I have a long handle scoop and only go from shore to chest deep. I am getting wadders so i can get into the water in cooler weather.most of the finds are in near shore.

marchas45
10-25-2009, 03:13 PM
And I'll be joining you next Spring when it gets warmer. thumbsup01

SeabeeRon
10-25-2009, 04:17 PM
It's always good to just get to the beach regardless of the finds! 8) I am new member here and a California Sand Digger!! :rolleyes:

Epi-hunter
10-25-2009, 04:23 PM
It's always good to just get to the beach regardless of the finds! 8) I am new member here and a California Sand Digger!! :rolleyes:

Everybody here lives on the coast except for me crying01

Snowy
10-25-2009, 04:56 PM
We hit a beach today, too, flue, but found only clad....
and cleaned the beach a bit. Glad to hear you're getting out more!
How's your back?

Krom
10-25-2009, 05:00 PM
All kinds of summer competition, eh, Doug? :angry:
You have found your share of keepers, tho'.
Every time we've shaken hands your pouch was full of sweet finds. 8)

Dave
10-25-2009, 05:27 PM

:huh: :huh:

OkieDigger
10-25-2009, 06:47 PM

Drama queen! What do you call this, Miami Beach? :grin:

marchas45
10-25-2009, 07:26 PM
:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: Looks like my back yard.

Epi-hunter
10-25-2009, 07:36 PM
Drama queen! What do you call this, Miami Beach? :grin:

ROFL!!! Not the first time I've been called that in the last twenty-four hours :grin:

I love that photo. Thank you for re-inspiring me Dale :)

Rusthunter
10-26-2009, 09:10 AM
I would love to be able to try shallow water hunting or even scuba hunting. I know it has to be harder than land hunting since you can can't see where you are digging. Here in eastern Indiana its a bit of a drive to get to the beach. :(

Islandhunter
10-26-2009, 09:12 PM

I live on an island and am literally surrounded by beaches...and I would much rather be in an old field near an old foundation...don;t really like hitting the beaches..go figure... :rolleyes:

flueinc
10-29-2009, 07:36 PM
The waves were big so I had to hit a beach iwent to Goose rocks beach in Kennebunkport Me. no silver but i got $3.42 in chad in 3 hrs.

coinnut
10-29-2009, 07:47 PM
What's a beach:huh:thinkingabout: My nose is always in the dirt. :grin: I guess you get sick of doing the same type of hunting. I feel for you. You have to hunt mostly beaches, where as, we can switch from beach to park to cellar holes. But you can find more GOLD than we can. You can even find diamonds. I don't recall ever finding one of them at a cellar hole :huh: :-\

flueinc
10-29-2009, 07:56 PM
I work York county in Maine which has a lot of coast line,and lakes and celler holes the baeches are easy to get to. The lakes are to cold this time of year and the celler holes are to far to walk to when you are supose to be walking. Even when you are the boss.

del
11-01-2009, 05:15 PM
and the celler holes are to far to walk to when you are supose to be walking.

i wish more people had your attitude there would be prime virgin cellars all over the place . i think i've only found 2 in the last eight or nine years detecting.

i'd hit the beach more often if i lived closer

TimC
11-29-2009, 09:04 AM
There's nothing like water hunting, any kind of water hunting. It is a little tougher than dirt though, but it's really fun.

woodwizard
12-02-2009, 02:08 AM
theres several fresh water beaches here to hunt-some are in parks that close for oct-apr.its a good 3 1/2-4 hrs to gulf(Galvastone).but I'll take water/beach hunting over the woods any day