PDA

View Full Version : Good day at my first club hunt

MIKE54
09-08-2018, 07:35 PM
My metal detecting club (Yankee Territory Coinshooters) is holding a 2 day hunt at a Boy Scout camp that they have been to twice before that was established in 1939. This place is massive, mostly woods but all spread out. Usually they hold a few seeded hunts per year but I'm not a big fan. This hunt is non-seeded so I thought I'd give it a try. I managed to find some silver. Also a bunch of tent stakes, an arrow, a pair of glasses, $2.50 in clad and 4 pretty toasted wheats. No Boy Scout sliders surprisingly. A fellow detectorist found a 1923 Peace dollar in the same area I was hunting. I think I'll go tomorrow too. 64994

Ill Digger
09-08-2018, 08:51 PM
Nice silver day Mike!
Congrats! :grin:
Those old scout camps are fun to hunt!

Full Metal Digger
09-08-2018, 09:49 PM
Nice assortment of silver! I think I would like a hunt like that in the woods. How many detectorists were swinging? Did you have room to spread out or was it noisy from all the interference of the other machines? Thanks for posting and let us see your 2-day total when it's done. Dave.

Digger_O'Dell
09-08-2018, 09:56 PM
Very nice silver day! I agree, those camps can be awesome!

aloldstuff
09-09-2018, 04:29 AM
Nice collection of silver. Hope day 2 is as good.....:thumbsup02:

MIKE54
09-09-2018, 06:45 AM
Nice assortment of silver! I think I would like a hunt like that in the woods. How many detectorists were swinging? Did you have room to spread out or was it noisy from all the interference of the other machines? Thanks for posting and let us see your 2-day total when it's done. Dave.Most of the finds were in cleared areas Dave. We had about 35 guys and a few gals and plenty of room so minimal interferance. There was a seated half found in the woods near the lake last hunt. Only hunting about 2-3 hours today due to opening day for the NFL plus I'm wiped out from 5 hours of detecting yesterday!

OxShoeDrew
09-09-2018, 01:11 PM
Seated half, peace dollar....I bet there's more there! Hope you do even better today, Mike!

Bucknut
09-09-2018, 02:31 PM
Awesome hunt! I would be going back as much as I could!