PDA

View Full Version : Milco Style!

Ill Digger
09-14-2018, 11:46 PM
Well I pasted this site about 2 1/2 months ago. It totally reminded me of one of the sites Darren (Milco) is usually hunting. I figured I wouldn't be back in the area before they finished the project. So I kinda wrote it off as a missed opportunity.
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180915/64aea2041e2fbe6c6a4fa1d02a04ae52.jpg

I drove by it again a few weeks ago and it hadn't been touched! It turns out the gas main was so shallow they hit it when they were removing the old asphalt! I had my gear with me so I pulled over, jumped out, and started swinging. A resident on the street said I was like the 5th person she'd seen hunting the tearout! I said "Really!? Well, let's see what they left me." I only wish I could have hit it before they put down the gravel road base.

2 1/2 hrs. before sundown.
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180915/f06d2b9160d7d34155e10b14bc4e3b83.jpg

The keepers!
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180915/70f124384342e8572a23bef373b6c1de.jpg

Thanks for lookin & HH! [emoji41]

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180915/f737c0d91c266cf87c9e5956b2cf42b6.jpg

aloldstuff
09-15-2018, 07:33 AM
Looks like the other guys left you some nice keepers. Love those marbles. You managed to score a Barber, IHP, and some wheats....great hunting Tim. Any date on the IH??

Bucknut
09-15-2018, 09:18 AM
Not bad at all for being #5! That is a pretty barber and nice marbles too. Good job!

OxShoeDrew
09-15-2018, 09:58 AM
I've found two marbles ever! So you hunt the darker curb stip? I tried that once and the police came and kicked us out :lol:
Congrats, Tim!!

Full Metal Digger
09-15-2018, 02:39 PM
Nice going Tim! Great looking barber dime and IHC. Were you mostly detecting along the edge of the curb strip? Looks like really nice black dirt. Love the marbles! When opportunity knocks you must answer and you answered very well my friend! Thanks for sharing and HH, Dave.

milco
09-15-2018, 03:31 PM
Great finds, and great timing Tim! Very funny, because I have not been out much at all this year. One of my best hunts this year happened today, yup, you guessed it, at a street tear out. Good luck if you go back!

Digger_O'Dell
09-15-2018, 04:25 PM
Great hunting Tim! Love that barber, it looks to be in great shape. I see the occasional street tearout and usually just skip it because I figure Milco probably already hit it so wont be anything left! :hystericallaugh:

Ill Digger
09-15-2018, 11:26 PM
Not bad at all for being #5! That is a pretty barber and nice marbles too. Good job! Thanks Jared! It's no seated quarter or Vicky half but...I do what I can. :lol:

I've found two marbles ever! So you hunt the darker curb stip? I tried that once and the police came and kicked us out :lol:
Congrats, Tim!!
Thanks Drew!
Yep. I was just hunting the black topsoil areas along the parkway. It would've been way to hard digging through the gravel road base. Plus who knows how thick the stone is.

Nice going Tim! Great looking barber dime and IHC. Were you mostly detecting along the edge of the curb strip? Looks like really nice black dirt. Love the marbles! When opportunity knocks you must answer and you answered very well my friend! Thanks for sharing and HH, Dave.
Thanks Dave. Yep. Just hunting the black dirt /topsoil areas of the parkways. I was surprised to see so many marbles!! They are a sweet little bonus!

Great finds, and great timing Tim! Very funny, because I have not been out much at all this year. One of my best hunts this year happened today, yup, you guessed it, at a street tear out. Good luck if you go back! Lol! This totally reminded me of one of your many street tear outs you've posted over the years! I wish I would've had a chance to hit it the first time I seen it over a month ago. Who knows what those other looters got to first! :envious: :lol:

Great hunting Tim! Love that barber, it looks to be in great shape. I see the occasional street tearout and usually just skip it because I figure Milco probably already hit it so wont be anything left! :hystericallaugh:
Thanks Chris! Dont be detured if you see one. Stop and check it out! I was #6 at least to try this one and I found a few keepers. Even Darren can't get it all. :lol:
I was surprised I got anything! But the proof is in the pudding :thumbsup01:

Looks like the other guys left you some nice keepers. Love those marbles. You managed to score a Barber, IHP, and some wheats....great hunting Tim. Any date on the IH??
Thanks Al!
Yeah, they left me a few keepers. I just wish I had got to hunt it before they put down the gravel road base.

wisconsin digger
09-16-2018, 11:16 PM
Great recoveries, congrats on the nice Barber. WD

Tony Two-Cent
09-17-2018, 08:53 AM
Way to go, Tim! That Barber Dime is in wonderful condition! It's a beauty! And look at all of those marbles! WOW! You certainly hit pay dirt at that tearout!

:congrats:

badgers325
09-18-2018, 03:52 PM
I would like to say hello to the puppy! Great finds for being number five.