PDA

View Full Version : Pin Pointer

Rsawyers
09-16-2018, 07:05 PM
Hello everyone, when I use my pin pointer it makes a lot of noise in my headphones. Do all pin pointers do this.?

Tony Two-Cent
09-17-2018, 08:44 AM
Hello everyone, when I use my pin pointer it makes a lot of noise in my headphones. Do all pin pointers do this.?

Welcome to the forum! I don't believe I've ever heard of pinpointers making noise in the headphones before. What kind of pinpointer do you have? Do you have wireless headphones?

Rsawyers
09-17-2018, 02:42 PM
Welcome to the forum! I don't believe I've ever heard of pinpointers making noise in the headphones before. What kind of pinpointer do you have? Do you have wireless headphones?

Hi Tony, My pin pointer is a Vibra-Probe made by Bermnie. Ive had it a long time and I think I got it when I bought my first Whites detector

Rsawyers
09-17-2018, 02:44 PM
My headphones are not wireless

OxShoeDrew
09-17-2018, 03:37 PM
I'm glad you found us!! Welcome to the group! :grin:
By "in your headphones" you mean the detector is sounding off? Most of my detectors play nice with my pinpointers but I do have one set that doesn't. The detector sounds like an engine running in my headphones when my pinpointer is on.

Rsawyers
09-17-2018, 04:10 PM
when Im trying to pinpoint it seems that in causes a lot of static in my headphones. The detector itself works very well and only sounds off when something is dectected

Ill Digger
09-18-2018, 09:30 AM
Del might be able to speak more about it as I think he has a Vibra-probe. I've never use one myself. I know the vibra-probe is a pulse induction pinpointer which might have something to do with it. When I'm using my Excalibur II and my Garrett carrot together, the Excal will sound off and carry on while the PP is on. It (Excal) will immediately calms down as soon as you shut it (PP) off. The Excal is a pulse induction machine.

Drew which pinpointer causes issues with your detector? And which detector is it conflicting with?

Rsawyers
09-18-2018, 12:32 PM
Thanks
Del might be able to speak more about it as I think he has a Vibra-probe. I've never use one myself. I know the vibra-probe is a pulse induction pinpointer which might have something to do with it. When I'm using my Excalibur II and my Garrett carrot together, the Excal will sound off and carry on while the PP is on. It (Excal) will immediately calms down as soon as you shut it (PP) off. The Excal is a pulse induction machine.

Drew which pinpointer causes issues with your detector? And which detector is it conflicting with?

Rsawyers
09-18-2018, 12:32 PM
Thanks
I'm glad you found us!! Welcome to the group! :grin:
By "in your headphones" you mean the detector is sounding off? Most of my detectors play nice with my pinpointers but I do have one set that doesn't. The detector sounds like an engine running in my headphones when my pinpointer is on.

aloldstuff
09-19-2018, 04:38 AM
I also had a Vibra-probe. It did not play well with my Whites Prizm. I had to shut off my detector until my PP shut off which was not by an on/off button but by a certain amount of time.

Rsawyers
09-21-2018, 09:47 AM
Thanks

Full Metal Digger
09-21-2018, 02:24 PM
Welcome to the forum! Glad to have you aboard. Digger Don had one of those fancy pin pointers. He taped a silver dime to it for good luck but it wouldn't stop beeping for some reason! :groovy:

OxShoeDrew
09-21-2018, 06:43 PM
Tim, one of my garrett pro-pointers doesnt like my green T2. None of my three pro-pointers have problems with my black T2 or my Nox.

del
09-21-2018, 08:14 PM
Welcome to the forum Rsawyers as mentioned your vibra probe is a pulse induction type pinpointer an can interfere with you detector . It does with mine , I counter this by pointing the large coil on my detector away and as a little away from my person when I got to dig the plug.

Ill Digger
09-22-2018, 08:46 AM
Tim, one of my garrett pro-pointers doesnt like my green T2. None of my three pro-pointers have problems with my black T2 or my Nox.

That's weird Drew. :dontknow:
:eyebrow: What's that green ones problem!? It just can't get along with anyone huh? Trouble maker. :lol:
Yeah, so far the Nox dont seem to have any interference from my pro-pointer.

Rsawyers, after thinking about it, when your getting this noise in your headphones, how far apart are the pinpointer and the search coil on your main detector? Like Del said, if he moves the main detector away from the target area where he's doing the digging and pinpointing it helps. I've noticed if I get my pinpointer or my search coil too close to my headphones there will be a severe humming or buzzing noise in the headphones.

Rsawyers
09-23-2018, 06:57 PM
Thanks for the reply, It does help if I keep the search coil facing away
That's weird Drew. :dontknow:
:eyebrow: What's that green ones problem!? It just can't get along with anyone huh? Trouble maker. :lol:
Yeah, so far the Nox dont seem to have any interference from my pro-pointer.

Rsawyers, after thinking about it, when your getting this noise in your headphones, how far apart are the pinpointer and the search coil on your main detector? Like Del said, if he moves the main detector away from the target area where he's doing the digging and pinpointing it helps. I've noticed if I get my pinpointer or my search coil too close to my headphones there will be a severe humming or buzzing noise in the headphones.