PDA

View Full Version : Teknetics T2 vs DFX

Myownwings
09-06-2010, 10:07 PM
I was at a flyin this weekend and I ran into the guy that introduced me to Metal detecting. Years ago he owned an XLT and after hunting with him I bought the DFX which had just came out. He now owns a Tecknetics T2 and was very positive about its performance. We did a side by side comparison and frankly, he smoked my DFX. His machine was rather quiet and mine was noisy as heck as usual (I cranked it up to compete). Does anyone own the Teknetics T2 and can comment on this? Oh, and by the way, this guys' finds for this year are so far ahead of mine that it is pitiful. He is a very serious hunter and told me he estimates his total finds to be in the neighbor hood of about a quarter million dollars. Me, I've got a barber quarter and a bunch of mercury dimes...lol. Bottom line is, of course I'm thinking about changing detectors and need some advice from people that are familar with both of these. Although, to be fair, this buddy of mine also is a master at locating ideal locations...which of course it probably wouldn't really matter what detector you had.

yazoo
09-07-2010, 06:34 AM
Location Location,Even the worst detector will find good treasure in the right location .That DFX is a very capable machine. Yazoo

coinnut
09-07-2010, 05:34 PM
Changing brands can be a learning curve. If you are going to do it, just remember that you probably will not improve your finds until you get 6 months to a year under your belt. Whether it be a Minelab, Fisher, or new White's, it's gonna take some better spots to get the results that your friend has. He obviously dedicates some time and effort to getting some prime gold and silver sites. Try to locate some new potential spots and try the old DFX out there. A new machine can help, but a prime location will always get you on the board faster. Just my two cents on it.

Myownwings
09-07-2010, 09:01 PM
Coinnut and Yazoo,
I believe you guys are right. As long as the detector is 'acceptable', location has the greatest impact on success. I keep beating my head up against a wall trying to convince myself that the site I primarily hunt is good, and it just isn't. I just need to move on and find a better location.