PDA

View Full Version : Finally got out again

Oneil1979
09-29-2018, 09:58 PM
Had to take some time because the weather wasn’t cooperating when I had the time, went to a permission ive been holding out on till the heat broke, started out walking around in the woods were a house site was located, found this intact Edison bulb, a strap side whiskey bottle, a piece of royal ironstone China and a nice crystal ink well, walked into the field turned on the detector first signal was a soda can at 6 inches! A few feet away another screaming signal 6 inches thought here we go again, but out popped the 1972 half dollar, not even 3 minutes later another high tone at 6 inches this time it was a 1812 small date largie with a beautiful green patina, nice detail I thought this could be the site I was hoping it would be but walked around another hour and dug about 8 more cans all at 6 inches, not another good target I was actually hoping for clad or anything not a can:) on my way back to the car I got another nice high pitched tone I thoughtt finally got a silver coin, I was close it was a sterling signet ring about 1.5 hours total, I plan to return to this site but I had better hopes especially after hitting the largie on my third hole:) thanks for looking HH

Digger_O'Dell
09-30-2018, 09:30 AM
Some cool relics and nice finds with the largie and ring! Sounds a lot like a field I hunted. Lots of beer cans probably from kids or hunters, but the occasional 100 plus year old find in the mix.

BTV Digger
10-01-2018, 12:15 PM
Those are still very nice finds! You don't often find the Classic Head LCs in that good a shape seeing the softer copper they were made from. Of all my Classic Heads none are that nice.

John

Noah
10-01-2018, 12:27 PM
That’s the most beautiful large cent I’ve seen dug! Ink well is nice too!

wisconsin digger
10-02-2018, 11:51 AM
Great relics and coins. I think I need that date for my set, Just Saying. Thx for posting WD

aloldstuff
10-04-2018, 04:22 AM
You have to go back. For only hunting for an hour and a half you got some great stuff. I have several fields that I have gone to repeatedly.....getting the trash out only helps with getting the good stuff.

Lodge Scent
10-04-2018, 07:29 AM
Nice bunch of finds. The inkwell and bulb are pretty cool. Nice LC! Wonder how old the ring is ?