PDA

View Full Version : Excited Convert!!

RobW
09-07-2010, 10:44 AM
After being on this board for a short while, and being an avid Garrett man for almost 20yrs. I have converted, and I am excited as my new Minelab E-Trac arrived this morning. I just had to share this with people who would understand....lord knows my wife doesn't. Now the learning begins!!!!

Lowjiber
09-07-2010, 11:04 AM
Congrats on the new machine. There are some pretty darn good ET'ers on here.

del
09-07-2010, 12:11 PM
very nice Rob , its quite a machine and i hope you two will be happy together . congrats

RobW
09-07-2010, 12:16 PM
Been reading the instruction booklet....seems a bit overwhelming!!!!!!!! Guess I just need to go out and play!! Kinda hard sitting here at work with a new toy just staring me down.

randy
09-07-2010, 02:25 PM
Good luck with it. Hang in there thru the steep learning curve.

coinnut
09-07-2010, 05:12 PM
rofl It's tempting you and it ain't even out of the box yet lol Good luck and I'm sure some of us will be getting PM's and calls soon. Just remember to chill out and go slow with it. Glad you finally got it....but wait, the battery takes 18 hours to fully charge rofl so I guess you can stare at it some more. (no fooling).

RobW
09-09-2010, 07:48 AM
rofl It's tempting you and it ain't even out of the box yet lol Good luck and I'm sure some of us will be getting PM's and calls soon. Just remember to chill out and go slow with it. Glad you finally got it....but wait, the battery takes 18 hours to fully charge rofl so I guess you can stare at it some more. (no fooling).

I've been so busy I haven't been able to take it out yet. It's all ready to go, sitting on the dining room table....I even got a new shovel since you were making fun of my other, you gave me a complex! Leaving tomorrow for Maine with the family. I haven't been beach combing in years (like 15) I was actually able to find my sand scoop in the garage! So her first time out will probably be...no most definatly be on the beach...I just hate sand. Hopefully I can find my MoJo buried in that sand!

Jason in Enid
09-09-2010, 10:46 AM
Your next step is to travel to Angel's location and follow him for a month. Learn all he knows then come teach us!!!

Congrats on the E-Trac, just give it time to learn it. It speaks a whole new language (I think it speaks Angel). :yes:

angellionel
09-09-2010, 08:08 PM
Your next step is to travel to Angel's location and follow him for a month. Learn all he knows then come teach us!!!

Congrats on the E-Trac, just give it time to learn it. It speaks a whole new language (I think it speaks Angel). :yes:

I better start wearing some disguises. lol

jkress
09-11-2010, 01:31 AM
Hopefully you are getting the best of the Minelab experience!!

I moved from Garrett to Minelab and am experiencing a whole new detecting world!

Granted I went from a Ace 250 to the Explorer, but I have found 14 silver coins from an area that I thought I hunted completely out with my 250.

Good luck to you with your Etrac.... I would have bought one too but the wait was too long. Yes......... I have been accused, by way more than one person, of being extremely impatient. :rolleyes: