PDA

View Full Version : Wisconsin Hunt with Digger_O'Dell & Noah

Digger Don
09-30-2018, 03:21 PM
Noah and I met up with Digger_O'dell Saturday to do a little door knocking up over the boarder in Wi.
We hit several houses, all ranging from 1850 to 1890.
The finds were pretty steady all day. My favorite find of the day was a very worn 1838 Bank of Montreal "UN SOUS" bank token!
I also dug 9 Wheats for the day.

I had a great day guys, Thanks!!

Digger Don
09-30-2018, 03:26 PM
This is what it once looked like!65111

Bucknut
09-30-2018, 04:42 PM
Awesome trifecta!!! And thimble and all those Indians too!

Digger_O'Dell
09-30-2018, 04:45 PM
As usual you really outdid yourself with those coin finds! Think you dug 3 of those IHs while I was digging halfway to china for that whistle. :lol: You might be able to date the ring from the hallmark with a little research. Looks familiar, so pretty sure I've seen it listed somewhere.
Really great seeing you guys again, and really have to do this more than once per year.

Ill Digger
09-30-2018, 08:18 PM
That looks like a fistful of fun if you ask me!
Nice mixed bag of goodies! The Canadian coin is really sweet. Sounds French to me. :dontknow: And the African wheatie is a cool find! Man! You were all over the world in that little town!
And is that a wiener token? :huh: :dontknow: Oscar Mayer?

All kinds of goodies!
Congrats! :grin:

Digger Don
09-30-2018, 08:27 PM
That looks like a fistful of fun if you ask me!
Nice mixed bag of goodies! The Canadian coin is really sweet. Sounds French to me. :dontknow: And the African wheatie is a cool find! Man! You were all over the world in that little town!
And is that a wiener token? :huh: :dontknow: Oscar Mayer?

All kinds of goodies!
Congrats! :grin: Thanks Tim and yes, The Oscar F. Mayer & Bro. Co. opened in 1883.

Full Metal Digger
09-30-2018, 09:47 PM
So many great coins in that pile Don! Congrats on the silver thimble (#3 for you?). I've never seen that particular bank token before--very interesting. The OM token is cherry too. Congrats on another successful cool weather hunt! Best wishes and HH, Dave.

The Rebel
10-01-2018, 05:00 AM
Love the finds but that token is the best!

BTV Digger
10-01-2018, 12:06 PM
Great finds Don and congrats on the early Canada Bank Token. 7 indians, 3 silver coins and 2 silver relics? Come on man, save a bit for the rest of us!

John

Noah
10-01-2018, 12:45 PM
I’ve still got 7 more seated to catch up to you Don. Nice bleaping 1874 Indian! :shocked03:

wisconsin digger
10-02-2018, 11:47 AM
Ouch, come to Wisconsin and don't let Chris find any silver, I think that is a violation of detector law. Great hunt guys and congrats on ALL the finds. WD

Digger_O'Dell
10-02-2018, 12:19 PM
Ouch, come to Wisconsin and don't let Chris find any silver, I think that is a violation of detector law. Great hunt guys and congrats on ALL the finds. WD

Think I heard something about that law! :hystericallaugh: But the guys did great, and I'm just happy I got out with them again. I had a great time which in my book is worth far more than any silver!

OxShoeDrew
10-02-2018, 04:59 PM
I'm told they used to mark an important year by banging a square nail through a coin and hanging it above the door. Someone must have done that with your token. That's an amazing load of stuff, Don!!!:shocked04:

aloldstuff
10-04-2018, 04:26 AM
Great hunt Don. A silver thimble is on the bucket list and yours looks great. Congrats on the trifecta and for the tribe of IHP's.....:envious: