PDA

View Full Version : 22 silvers, Gold, CW Business card...A September to remember!

Bucknut
10-02-2018, 10:06 AM
I have already posted my really special finds from this month (Capped Bust silver, Seated Q and Canadian Half) a few weeks ago but here are the rest of my finds. It was a fantastic month for me! At one point I had a stretch of 17 silvers in 17 days. I found 8 war niks, 9 mercs, a rosie and a 1939 Walking Liberty Half. That is 2 halves this month! Now I know what it feels like to be Digger Don...just a little bit anyway.

All the finds were from parks including the gold ring. I was in the woods and I came across a high tone that seemed to be more of a falsing tone. So I hit the horseshoe or quickmask so I could hear all of the tones and see if some junk was masking the high tone. There were 2 junk targets on either side of the high tone and I decided to dig them up. Well one of the junk targets was the gold ring. So it was a fluke that I dug it but glad I did.

Found a couple marbles including a nice clay one. Only my second clay marble ever. Also a nice example of a V nik from 1890 and crusty CW era business card. It reads:
"RG Tyler Wholesale Grocer"
"Detroit Mich."
"Business Card"
I found it in field next to my home.

So September was probably one of the best months I have ever had in terms of finding a lot of silver and a little bit of everything else.

Thanks for looking. Jared

Full Metal Digger
10-02-2018, 11:04 AM
Great finds Jared and yes that V nickel is SUPERB! Congrats on all your silver and a bit of gold too. That my friend is a damn good month! HH, Dave.

wisconsin digger
10-02-2018, 11:39 AM
Great bunch of finds. Looks like you have the war nickel 6th sense as well. That's a lot of silver. Nice month. Thx for posting WD

Bucknut
10-03-2018, 03:47 PM
Great bunch of finds. Looks like you have the war nickel 6th sense as well. That's a lot of silver. Nice month. Thx for posting WD

Yeah there are a couple of us who have been locked on the war niks lately.

Digger_O'Dell
10-03-2018, 04:27 PM
That's a lot of great finds there Jared, congrats! :clapping:

aloldstuff
10-05-2018, 08:34 AM
A great September indeed. Hope your October goes as well. Love seeing CW tokens posted. Congrats....:thumbsup02:

Digger Don
10-07-2018, 12:12 PM
Wow Jared. You're killing it!!! Another AWESOME month worth of finds!! It just keeps getting better for you ( if that's possible ):perfect10:
I can't even pick a favorite, all amazing :congrats:

Ill Digger
10-15-2018, 08:45 PM
Shoot! That's a great season for some of us!
Outstanding month man!
Congrats! :grin:
Here to even better October! :beerbuddy:

Tony Two-Cent
11-08-2018, 11:29 AM
So many wonderful finds, and your photos are terrific! That first photo with all of the silver coins and gold ring is spectacular. I am amazed at how many War Nickels you found. I think many detectorists (including myself) don't dig those odd signals.

The gold ring is a banner find, and the civil war store card is a great find as well. Marbles are always a nice bonus too!

:congrats: