PDA

View Full Version : New from Gresham, Oregon

mrgarlic
09-07-2010, 11:51 AM
I started with an old Compass with only one or knobs.
I dug holes until 1989 when a new career took over my life. I am back, retired, and lots of spare time. I started back with my trusty old White 6000, then an XLT, and now with a new MXT PRO. I found a digging buddy and a tutor to boot. In one month I went from a few coins and junk to 8 rings, two are silver, a nice gold braclet, An 1883 silver dollar, 2 silver halfs.
and of coarse, lots of junk, but lots less digging.

jkress
09-07-2010, 02:05 PM
Welcome to a great forum.

Glad to see you started hunting again. Congrats on the items you listed, they are some awesome finds.

If you get a chance... post a picture of that dollar and the halves, we would love to see them. The silver dollar must have been a great rush. <:

del
09-07-2010, 04:03 PM
hello Mrgarlic and welcome to the forum . while i'm at it welcome back to detecting too , yes sounds like some great finds to me , congrats on the silver dollar and halfs.

Dan

coinnut
09-07-2010, 05:01 PM
Hi mrgarlic, Glad you rediscovered metal detecting, the best hobby in the world in my opinion lol Also glad you found us too. Browse around and tell us what you think :yes: Any questions, just ask and someone here will help you. Congrats on your great finds. You west coast guys have all the luck when it comes to silver dollars. They circulated a lot more over there then here in New England. Welcome aboard. :clapping:

angellionel
09-07-2010, 08:04 PM
Welcome aboard! Glad to have you with us!

Epi-hunter
09-07-2010, 08:29 PM
Welcome to the forum! :)

Ill Digger
09-14-2010, 12:09 AM
Welcome to the forum from the corn fields of Illinois thumbsup01