PDA

View Full Version : Big Coincidence!

OxShoeDrew
10-13-2018, 02:27 PM
Last weekend my finds included a Monopoly hat and a Barber half...today the rains stopped and I found a Barber quarter and a Monopoly race car...AT A DIFFERENT SITE!!:shocked02:

After the rains ended (remnants of Michael) I headed to the park I did so well last weekend to find they were having an event, so I headed to a corn field I know was just cut. I went with trepidation as this was the first site I brought my Nox to when I first got it. Nearly a year ago I bombed out. It is massively mineralized..nothing like other sites around here...but I KNOW there are lots of 1880s to 1930s coins there. First thing I did was dig and put a quarter 7in down in the side of the hole, covered it, and experimented with settings. I learned some stuff and went to work. 90 min later I had two wheats, the Barber quarter, and a colonial button (they turn up everywhere :lol:). Actually, I've never seen a tombac like that one. It looks like it's the concave bottom of a two piece. Hope you're all enjoying the weekend!

Full Metal Digger
10-13-2018, 03:00 PM
Amazing! I don't know about the rest of you but I like the old monopoly pieces better than the barber coins! They certainly are more rarer to find! Congrats Drew on another odd coincidence and HH! Dave.

Bucknut
10-13-2018, 04:41 PM
Love that barber quarter!

Digger_O'Dell
10-13-2018, 04:44 PM
Nice finds, and way to learn your machine!

MIKE54
10-14-2018, 07:42 AM
Nice finds Drew! Here's another coincidence: I dinged the last Barber quarter I found in the exact same place (on the eagles head).65275

wisconsin digger
10-15-2018, 08:58 AM
Nice recoveries. Great bunch of finds. WD

The Rebel
10-15-2018, 12:55 PM
WTG Drew, Now you just need to find Park Place & Boardwalk so you can collect your $200 as you pass go, LOL!

aloldstuff
10-16-2018, 12:55 PM
Hey DingerDrew....stop hitting your coins...:lol:. Nice that you planted a quarter and got some schooling on the NOX.

Two barbers, two Monopoly pieces at two different sites.....weird!!!

BTV Digger
10-17-2018, 08:07 AM
Great find Drew - 1800s silver will make anyone's day! How funny on the Monopoly pieces and the Barbers. With that field being so heavily mineralized, I imagine you have to take your time and go slow.

John