PDA

View Full Version : Quality over quantity this past Monday

BTV Digger
11-14-2018, 04:19 PM
After finding nobody home at a farm with fields I've been wanting to hit for some time, I returned to my 1780-1860 honey hole field down the road about 5 miles. Finds have become quite thin here now, but there's still goodies remaining if you go real slow and dig questionable signals. Monday was that sorta day. Managed a rather toasty 1829 Matron, a cool suspender clip with Masonic imagery and a few other doo-dads. Last find of the day was the IH, and the nicest I've dug all year. Thanks for looking and HH!

P.S. I tested my little gold looking nugget from my last post and it's indeed gold. 10K junk gold that is - probably a lost filling from long ago.

John

aloldstuff
11-14-2018, 05:34 PM
John, is this your honey hole field? If so, I told you that you would still get some surprises from it. I believe that your masonic item is actually a International Order of Odd Fellows item. We are going down to 10* tonight, how's the weather up your way.

Digger_O'Dell
11-14-2018, 06:47 PM
Still making great finds, congrats! Love the oddfellows items, great history there for sure. Nice looking IH, especially for a field find.

BTV Digger
11-14-2018, 07:47 PM
John, is this your honey hole field? If so, I told you that you would still get some surprises from it. I believe that your masonic item is actually a International Order of Odd Fellows item. We are going down to 10* tonight, how's the weather up your way.

It's my #1 honey field Al. I've actually found 3 virgin field sites this year. I've pulled 9 coppers from my #2 honey field, but this field takes the cake. You were right. There's still stuff there incredibly. Thanks for the ID on the suspender buckle. You're correct and I've read up on them more now. Going down to 9F here in the Burlington area tonight with snow on the way for Friday. So unless we get a surprise warmup in the next few weeks I may be done for the year. It's been a wonderful year detecting though. The '29 Matron brings me to an even 40 coppers for the year.

Still making great finds, congrats! Love the oddfellows items, great history there for sure. Nice looking IH, especially for a field find.

Thanks much! Yeah, you don't find field IHs looking like this too often, so I'll take it!

Cooper
11-14-2018, 10:46 PM
Man you found a little bit of everything . I love finding large cents, and congrats on the heart thing.

Bucknut
11-15-2018, 07:19 AM
That is a great Indian! Nice hunt.

Donnie B
11-15-2018, 07:03 PM
That's the nicest suspender clip I have ever seen. Wow!

Full Metal Digger
11-15-2018, 09:36 PM
WOW, that suspender clip is crazy cool. A center piece for the display case for sure. The indian looks like it was dropped very early. Are you getting the big snow storm this week? Thanks for posting and HH, Dave.

Lodge Scent
11-15-2018, 09:56 PM
Nice, I have plenty of toasty LCs but never dug a suspender buckle that cool. Great find there John.

calabash digger
11-17-2018, 09:48 PM
Thats a nice injun!

milco
11-23-2018, 12:48 PM
Fantastic finds! It’s always great when you can keep going back and find more.