PDA

View Full Version : A few final 2018 finds

MIKE54
11-29-2018, 06:55 PM
6560965610Recovering from hip replacement surgery has been slower than expected but I was close enough this week to go dig a couple final holes for the year. The badge is very thin and says "Frank Buck's Jungleland" on it and apparently is from an exhibit at the 1939 New York World's Fair. I found it in the area I found the silver belt buckle. The silver Kennedy half and wheatie were at a new park I found while doing research at home recovering. I hope everyone has a great holiday season !

Full Metal Digger
11-29-2018, 07:14 PM
I remember something about Frank Buck being a huge star back in the 1930's (?). That's the first FB item I ever recall seeing found. Is it rare?

aloldstuff
11-29-2018, 08:40 PM
Hey Mike...you made it out...:clapping:. Compared to the 1st hip, how's this one doing?

Really glad to see you out swinging and you got yourself some nice keepers. How long were you able to swing?

MIKE54
11-29-2018, 09:03 PM
I remember something about Frank Buck being a huge star back in the 1930's (?). That's the first FB item I ever recall seeing found. Is it rare?I found this near-perfect example online that went for $425. Here's the link (I hope lol) :
https://goo.gl/images/myXbe4

MIKE54
11-29-2018, 09:10 PM
Hey Mike...you made it out...:clapping:. Compared to the 1st hip, how's this one doing?

Really glad to see you out swinging and you got yourself some nice keepers. How long were you able to swing?It's more difficult than the 1st one because I pulled a hip flexor (wicked pain for 3 weeks) like a pulled groin. The hip's ok though. I went out for a couple of hours cuz I was Jones-ing pretty bad. You can only watch YouTube videos for so long lol.Hows the golf course progressing ?

Donnie B
11-30-2018, 07:25 AM
Love the badge. Would that have been a cereal box top toy?

Oneil1979
11-30-2018, 08:12 AM
Nice half always fun to dig big silver even though it’s still a baby:) I’ve found a few souvenirs from the 39 worlds fair around here, they must have been some popular happenings back in the day, the badge is unique did some research and found he had a booth at the fair, basically he was an exotic animal hunter who caught the animals alive and sold them to zoos and circuses ( basically a poacher) but he did have a display at the worlds fair so I learned something new today and that’s why I enjoy this hobby. Thanks for posting

wisconsin digger
11-30-2018, 09:15 AM
Conrats on the finds ad good luck o a full recovery. WD