PDA

View Full Version : Big Silver

wisconsin digger
12-13-2018, 06:53 PM
Had a day off and a little warming of the weather so gave it another shot. I went to a park that is more wooded and the ground was definitely diggable. I think I only passed on one signal where the ground was a little stiff. I dug 1 signal that was terrible but turned out to be a Merc and I could not locate anything in the hole that was causing the poor signal, maybe it was laying funny. The big surprise was a super strong signal that turned out to be a Ben Franklin, not sure how I missed that signal (maybe it was too good). Managed 3 wheats as well. Enjoyed the bonus hunt even without the silver but that certainly was a great bonus. Wisconsin Digger

Bucknut
12-14-2018, 09:23 AM
Congrats on another late season hunt! I like big silvers and I cannot lie...

Digger Don
12-14-2018, 10:08 AM
Glad to see you're still getting out this late in the season!!
Congrats on the Franklin!!:clapping:

Tony Two-Cent
12-14-2018, 10:26 AM
Congrats on the Franklin Half! That is one coin that has eluded me all these years. I'm still looking for my first. Oftentimes the ground will still be diggable in the woods. It paid off well for you!

:congrats:

MIKE54
12-14-2018, 10:52 AM
Nice late season surprise! That coin takes me back to when I was a paperboy in the early 1960's. I would always get a few Franklin halves from my customers every week to pay for the paper, which I think was around 60 or 70 cents for 7 day delivery. I even remember getting some Walking liberty halves and Mercs too! So far I've only dug one but I like them for the simple design.

Cheap Thrills
12-14-2018, 10:58 AM
Congratulations ! After a hunt with finds like that I would be celebrating for a week .

aloldstuff
12-16-2018, 02:05 PM
Congrats on your silvers. I would love to dig a Franklin.

Ill Digger
12-16-2018, 07:39 PM
Nice!! I've only found one Bennie in almost 10 years.
He's a tough man to find.
Congrats! :grin: