PDA

View Full Version : Etrac on the way!!

Fire Fighter 43
09-09-2010, 10:30 AM
I decided to give myself a B-day present, a new Etrac. Im going to run both the V3i and the Etrac for a while and see how they match up. Ive been using only Whites machines for the past 34 years, so it will be a big change for me. Does anyone have advice on making the transition and getting started with my new toy. I have read the manual and Andy's book is on the way. Thanks

Jason in Enid
09-09-2010, 11:10 AM
My advice, give yourself LOTS of time to get used to the E-Trac. Force yourself to hunt with it. When I bought mine, it was so frustrating that just wanted to go back to my good old Whites. I knew my old 6000pro like the back of my hand. It took time to get used to the language the E-trac speaks. Once I got used to it, I started pulling silver I had walked over with the old girl. I started pulling silver mixed with iron.

Be patient, use the E-Trac, keep re-reading the books as you use it and the concepts will start to make more sense.

coinnut
09-09-2010, 09:56 PM
My advice, give yourself LOTS of time to get used to the E-Trac. Force yourself to hunt with it. When I bought mine, it was so frustrating that just wanted to go back to my good old Whites. I knew my old 6000pro like the back of my hand. It took time to get used to the language the E-trac speaks. Once I got used to it, I started pulling silver I had walked over with the old girl. I started pulling silver mixed with iron.

Be patient, use the E-Trac, keep re-reading the books as you use it and the concepts will start to make more sense.

Yep, I agree. Leave the White's at home and just relax with your new machine. It takes a while to slow down your thinking, but it is worth it. I came from White's since the early 70's and I just wanted the E Trac to hit hard and fast on them targets. It isn't so...kinda more like mello but carries a big gun lol Sometimes I worry that it isn't going deep since it seems so mello, but it is. You will like it more when you get used to the numbers and most importantly that sound. It hardly ever lies. A good smooth sound is worth digging A choppy sound and it's probably iron. I use two tone ferrous and very little discrimination so I can hear all the iron grunt. Whatever pattern you pick, just relax and listen to the good smooth sounds. It really can find a ton of good targets in iron. Just go to your favorite hunted out site, use manual sensitivity of at least 25 and go dig all smooth sounds. See what you have missed if anything. Practice in the field is worth a thousand words. Good luck!!