PDA

View Full Version : Going to Grand Cayman soon!

Jason in Enid
09-09-2010, 11:14 AM
I can't wait, at the end of this month I will be spending a week in Grand Cayman. I will absolutely be taking my Whites SM PI along with my scuba gear. I haven't hit an ocean beach in years and I can't wait!

del
09-09-2010, 01:55 PM
:shocked04: wow Jason thats sounds like a dream hunt to me , i wish you all the luck and please come back with lots of pictures and some sunken treasure coins .seriously have a great time .

angellionel
09-09-2010, 08:13 PM
Have fun, Jason! I look forward to seeing some photos. That PI should get a good workout, and pull you some good stuff. :yes:

kenfen
09-09-2010, 08:35 PM
Seven mile beach is amazing! I hope you find some great stuff!

Regards, ken

coinnut
09-09-2010, 09:01 PM
Can't wait to see what you get out of there. I bet it will be fun either way. Good luck and have a blast!!! :happydance01:

Jason in Enid
09-09-2010, 09:33 PM
I wonder if the wifey will care if the detector is in one hand during our vow renewal? :thinkingabout:

Yeah, we are staying on 7-mile, so I should be walking out every morning with it in hand. Better pack some batteries. Do they use 110 or 220 volt on GC? American or European plugs? Maybe I need to dig my adapters out of my Iraq bag.

kenfen
09-22-2010, 06:33 AM
Since it was a British colony, I think they are on 220, but I can't swear to it.

Have a great time. Maybe you can find my Seiko watch that grew legs when I was there.... :eyebrow:

Regards, Ken

Jason in Enid
09-22-2010, 05:40 PM
I did check with the hotel, and they are on 120, with American plugs, so all is good!

Got a new set of rechargeables for PI, because I don't want to be buying sets of 8 AAs after I wear them out every day! :yes:

Getting really excited about the trip. Can't wait for the scuba diving and tons of detecting. I will post pics when I get back stateside, since internet is extra at the hotel. Oh well, since it's on 7-mile beach I don't want to waste time surfing the net.

coinnut
09-22-2010, 06:05 PM
I will post pics when I get back stateside, since internet is extra at the hotel. Oh well, since it's on 7-mile beach I don't want to waste time surfing the net.

lol You ain't kidding. I'd forget there was an Internet and be beach hunting all day long thumbsup01 Hope you have a great time!!

RobW
09-24-2010, 08:53 AM
Yeah, you're wife is going to love being alone on your trip doing your vows...you may need me afterwards for your divorce....LOL.
Have fun and good hunting!

Jason in Enid
09-24-2010, 12:34 PM
LOL, if I find her big ol fat diamond ring I'll bet she'd forgive anything!