PDA

View Full Version : Magics Pro (V3)

magic
09-09-2010, 01:34 PM
V3i_ Magics Pro

Let me start by saying that this program is not for everyone. It will find the deepest targets and also is very informative as to what is in the ground around everything.

Rx gain 10 to start and adjust from there
Tx boost off
Disc. 88-93
All metal 70

DISCRIMINATION
Bottle cap reject off
Hot rock off
Reject -95 to -89
Accept -88 to +94
Reject +95
(if your ground phases into the -80s you will want to reject down into the -80 range.)

TONES
I set these tones to my liking and you may want to put in your own. I use higher tones for good targets that I look for. (Example...51 to 54 is Indian penny range so it gets a higher tone) I use the 5 tone on the iron range to tell where the iron is and it sounds like a ticking sound. Some people like this while others don't. I like to know whats in the ground. The more info the better for me!)

-95 to -6 =5
-5 to -1= 50
0 to +9= 150
+10 to +12 =165
+13 to +17 =175
+18 to +22 =225
+23 to +29 =175
+30 to +39 =190
+40 to +49= 200
+50= 210
+51 to +54 =225
+55 to +59 =210
+60 to +67= 220
+68 to +89 =250
+90 to +94 =255

I use three frequency in Best data
I use lock trac with a offset of +1 and ground balance every 20 minutes or so
(Watch the arrows while ground balancing and wait until they start to switch back and forth left to right before releasing.)

5 band filter. (Adjust for your ground)
Recovery speed. 50 to 100 range
( I usually hunt at 65 until I know the area, If its trashy I go to 50, if moderate I hunt at 60 to 75, and for no trash and deep I go to 80 to 100. On some rare occasions I have hunt at 120 with good results in a almost no target type field.)

I use intensity base threshold of 70
Fade rate at 4
(These are just personal preference and do not effect depth)

If you have any question about this program, please feel free to send me a PM.
This program is what I use 90% of the time and I have hit coins in the 12-14 inch range in my ground.

Note.. If hitting on a really deep target, it may be necessary to turn up your all metal to 80 to 90 in order to pinpoint on the target.

Other points of interest....
When I get that good quick hit like silver and its deep, if you move to a 45 degree angle and go around the object and you get alot of ticking noise (iron range) it is a nail almost every time. Unless its a good target in with a nail..
That is up to you to decide.

Remember the best discrimination is your digger!

ramases
09-09-2010, 02:33 PM
V3i_ Magics Pro

Let me start by saying that this program is not for everyone. It will find the deepest targets and also is very informative as to what is in the ground around everything.

Rx gain 10 to start and adjust from there
Tx boost off
Disc. 88-93
All metal 70

DISCRIMINATION
Bottle cap reject off
Hot rock off
Reject -95 to -89
Accept -88 to +94
Reject +95
(if your ground phases into the -80s you will want to reject down into the -80 range.)

TONES
I set these tones to my liking and you may want to put in your own. I use higher tones for good targets that I look for. (Example...51 to 54 is Indian penny range so it gets a higher tone) I use the 5 tone on the iron range to tell where the iron is and it sounds like a ticking sound. Some people like this while others don't. I like to know whats in the ground. The more info the better for me!)

-95 to -6 =5
-5 to -1= 50
0 to +9= 150
+10 to +12 =165
+13 to +17 =175
+18 to +22 =225
+23 to +29 =175
+30 to +39 =190
+40 to +49= 200
+50= 210
+51 to +54 =225
+55 to +59 =210
+60 to +67= 220
+68 to +89 =250
+90 to +94 =255

I use three frequency in Best data
I use lock trac with a offset of +1 and ground balance every 20 minutes or so
(Watch the arrows while ground balancing and wait until they start to switch back and forth left to right before releasing.)

5 band filter. (Adjust for your ground)
Recovery speed. 50 to 100 range
( I usually hunt at 65 until I know the area, If its trashy I go to 50, if moderate I hunt at 60 to 75, and for no trash and deep I go to 80 to 100. On some rare occasions I have hunt at 120 with good results in a almost no target type field.)

I use intensity base threshold of 70
Fade rate at 4
(These are just personal preference and do not effect depth)

If you have any question about this program, please feel free to send me a PM.
This program is what I use 90% of the time and I have hit coins in the 12-14 inch range in my ground.

Note.. If hitting on a really deep target, it may be necessary to turn up your all metal to 80 to 90 in order to pinpoint on the target.

Other points of interest....
When I get that good quick hit like silver and its deep, if you move to a 45 degree angle and go around the object and you get alot of ticking noise (iron range) it is a nail almost every time. Unless its a good target in with a nail..
That is up to you to decide.

Remember the best discrimination is your digger!

Thi is very like the program I have developed for use in the UK to find very small hammered silver coins. It's interesting that this general setup works equally well both sides of the Pond!!

CyberSage
09-09-2010, 04:49 PM
I loaded this up this afternoon and gave it a try in the high EMI coin garden. It did really well. I thought it would be noisy, but it was actually very stable. The little tic-tica-tic of the 5 tone setting in the iron range was not at all irritating and really gave me feel the ground around the targets. Great concept Magic. I will definitely try this one in the field.

Jack

magic
09-09-2010, 09:10 PM
I loaded this up this afternoon and gave it a try in the high EMI coin garden. It did really well. I thought it would be noisy, but it was actually very stable. The little tic-tica-tic of the 5 tone setting in the iron range was not at all irritating and really gave me feel the ground around the targets. Great concept Magic. I will definitely try this one in the field.

Jack

Thanks Jack, I am use to the ticking sound because I use it all the time. It really does help with alot of things. Just think...if you have iron in the ground around targets and you have your tones set to zero, you wont here the iron right... so you may end up setting your recovery too slow because you dont hear the iron. I just like hearing everything in the ground and the ticking sound is not like a tone so it doesnt bother me.

Also, pay close attention to this as it is the best way I have found for ground balancing the machine..

rcasio44
09-10-2010, 01:24 PM
Hey Magic,

My program is actually the same as yours except I have different tones adjusted for my hearing. We are even using the same base threshold and fade rate.

I used the program yesterday and was hitting 10 dimes and Indians. My Rx was 13 and sensitivity was 92 - 94. It was sandy Mississippi river soil. Both 5 band and 10 band seemed to work well. I used the 1o so I could speed up my swing and cover more ground. Rob

rcsnake
09-10-2010, 01:39 PM
Hi Magic

That program looks pretty good and have a few question for ya if you don't mind.

1. Have you tried to accept +95 and set it to a low or different tone?

2. Have you tried this program with the correlate mode on and set the span limit to around -92 or-93 up to the?

Where I hunt all I usually accept +95 without problems and have had a few occasion where the correlate mode seemed to hit the target better as i have the limit set to 50 so most everything is gets through.

rcsnake

rcasio44
09-10-2010, 04:51 PM
Hi Bob, I thought there was lose of depth with correlate compared to best data. How about some info on this.
I know Magic and I are looking for Max depth. Rob

little man
09-10-2010, 05:11 PM
Got this ie file box we would like to know about correlate been doing some hunting in it

CyberSage
09-10-2010, 06:09 PM
Hey Snake!

Really good to see your post. I would really like to hear your thoughts on Correlate. I use it exclusively and love it. Thanks for being here.

Jack

rcasio44
09-10-2010, 06:53 PM
OK Snake we're all ears, and you can't say too much. And by the way my ground sucks. lol Rob

magic
09-10-2010, 09:20 PM
Rob,
If we are running the same then it would be a fierce competition if we ever hunt together. You know just how deep these settings will get you. Glad to hear we are using the same settings.

Hi Magic

That program looks pretty good and have a few question for ya if you don't mind.

1. Have you tried to accept +95 and set it to a low or different tone?

2. Have you tried this program with the correlate mode on and set the span limit to around -92 or-93 up to the?

Where I hunt all I usually accept +95 without problems and have had a few occasion where the correlate mode seemed to hit the target better as i have the limit set to 50 so most everything is gets through.

rcsnake

I have accepted =95 in the past and I did give it a different tone but didnt have much luck with it like that. I didnt try it very long, maybe about two weeks. I hunt alot of iron infested spots and the edge of the iron banging on that =95 drove me crazy. As far as corralate, I never was a big fan of it and I did try it out a little but I just kept feeling like I was missing things. I am just use to judging for myself what to dig. I have found small coin spills that have come in very strange on the VDI #s and will pinpoint with different dominate frequency's depending on which way you turned. I am sure if I was running in corralate that it would have kicked it out as a bad target. I will try corralate again with what you have mentioned above and anything else that you would like to add would be great!

rcsnake
09-11-2010, 09:58 PM
On the subject of correlate vs. best data the depth should be the same.

However, today it seemed that the correlate sounded better on targets as opposed to the best data unless the VDI was jumping by more than 50. The best data audio seemed to follow the changes in target information better than the correlate audio. This was experienced when comparing targets before they were dug. Should be noted that i use standard tone ID and mix mode stereo.

Giving this some thought it would be what I would expect from the V3. However the targets were would have been dug in either mode and most of them were 6 to 8 inches down. As both correlate mode and best data look at the VDI /phase of the target and then processes the audio information according to the setting of the machine such as disc, recovery delay, tones and the list goes on.

On the subject of recovery delay it does pretty much what you are seeing except as the signal received from the target decays on its slope if a stronger signal is received before the end of the original target signal the the stronger signal will take over and sound off. At least this is the way it should work.

When i dig targets I usually dig most everything except iron. Even dug some -20 targets that were about 5 inches down but pinpointed small alike coins and dang they were coins. Then dug targets that vdi -60 to -70 targets and came up with a bobby in and a set of nail clippers these to were close to the surface and pinpointed small and no double beeps like nails. I must of been bored. OK, I am rambling now so I will stop for the night and go and get ready for tomorrow as I might get to go hunting again.

rcsnake
Bob@Whites

BHNugget
09-11-2010, 10:12 PM
Even dug some -20 targets that were about 5 inches down but pinpointed small alike coins and dang they were coins.

rcsnake
Bob@Whites

OK,OK, the cat is out of the bag!! The Snake finally admits to finding something other than pulltabs. lol

CyberSage
09-11-2010, 11:12 PM
On the subject of correlate vs. best data the depth should be the same...

...Giving this some thought it would be what I would expect from the V3. However the targets were would have been dug in either mode and most of them were 6 to 8 inches down. As both correlate mode and best data look at the VDI /phase of the target and then processes the audio information according to the setting of the machine such as disc, recovery delay, tones and the list goes on...

rcsnake
Bob@Whites

Great information. I am finding a lot of good keepers in the same hole with iron and crimp caps lately. This would certainly explain it. Thank you Snake. This information is very much appreciated.

Jack