PDA

View Full Version : Hi all

mad_river
02-23-2019, 10:40 PM
New to this forum but not detecting. Located in western ohio. Looking forward to making friends and great conversations.. happy hunting

Mad_river

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Full Metal Digger
02-23-2019, 11:51 PM
Welcome to the forum! I've made more than a few road trips to western Ohio (from Illinois). Looking forward to seeing your finds! Best wishes and HH, Dave.

OxShoeDrew
02-24-2019, 05:34 AM
Great to have you here, mad_river...any cool finds you're proud of? What detector do you have? Best wishes for a productive year and welcome!

mad_river
02-24-2019, 10:58 AM
thanks for the welcome, I have some unique relic finds that i admire, ill post a pic or two but ones a radium tag. found the whole box buried , out came the hinges and tag. other was a stamp, seems to be lead for cigar boxes. for the labels. i use garrets and minelabs, have one tereso. my goto detectors are the ATP and X-705.

Cooper
02-24-2019, 03:09 PM
Welcome from southeastern ohio

mad_river
02-24-2019, 03:39 PM
Welcome from southeastern ohioHey neighbor [emoji112]

del
02-24-2019, 03:56 PM
Hello and welcome to the forum "M_R" , looking toward hearing about your next finds .

Dan

THing4CSA
02-24-2019, 08:52 PM
Hi My Fellow TH'ers
I was stationed at Chanute AFB in 1982. Dug a lot of interesting items including a Broken wing from a flyer that did not pass his final flight test. Seems that anyone who went through the training but failed the final cut their silver wings in half and tossed them near the student housing buildings. All my finds are currently in storage or I could post a picture. Lots of items to be found there if you can get the OK to get on the property. I don't know who has possession of the land but it sure was a nice area to dig! Good luck all! ;-)

Tony Two-Cent
02-25-2019, 08:43 AM
Welcome to the forum, mad_river! We're glad you joined us! Like Daddy Digger mentioned, he and I have made several metal detecting road trips to western Ohio. It is beautiful country with lots of history. That radium label sure is a unique find! I think it would have made me nervous digging that!

Hi My Fellow TH'ers
I was stationed at Chanute AFB in 1982. Dug a lot of interesting items including a Broken wing from a flyer that did not pass his final flight test. Seems that anyone who went through the training but failed the final cut their silver wings in half and tossed them near the student housing buildings. All my finds are currently in storage or I could post a picture. Lots of items to be found there if you can get the OK to get on the property. I don't know who has possession of the land but it sure was a nice area to dig! Good luck all! ;-)

I think that mad_river is from Champaign County, Ohio, not Illinois. ;) Me and Daddy Digger detected at Chanute AFB in Rantoul, Illinois a few years ago but we didn't find a whole lot, although I did get a neat brass collar disc. Sadly, the base is pretty much abandoned these days. Even the museum has closed down. I think the base is now owned by the city of Rantoul.

mad_river
02-25-2019, 08:58 PM
Well after I looked up what the radium was for..lol. I need a Geiger counter when I go out hunting.. only me.

badgers325
02-27-2019, 04:23 PM
Welcome to the forum Mad_River. From SE WI myself. We look forward to seeing some of your finds!

aloldstuff
02-28-2019, 02:07 PM
Welcome from western MA. Seems like you have been busy with your arsenal of detectors. Looking forward to seeing some more of your finds.