PDA

View Full Version : Relic hunting with Trout Hunter

coinnut
09-09-2010, 05:50 PM
Had a chance to go detecting with Ernie out his way. He had an old field that he's been doing and we gave it a shot for a while. It was an older field than I thought it would be, and a bunch of good targets came out of it. But I must say I had to ignore all that can slaw lol That means we left all the gold behind too Ernie :shocked04: It was great meeting you and thanks for the warm welcome. We had a good days hunt. So here's the goods. Some nice circa 1820 flat buttons, a neat old buckle of some kind, a 1917 Wheaty, A real nice cloak button and lots of other keepers. Thanks again Ernie. Hope we get together again soon. :clapping:

del
09-09-2010, 06:12 PM
hey some nice old buttons there George , should clean up well and get some good backmarks to give ya an idea as to how old they are . i'm very surprised you guys got no old coppers because it looks like a very productive field. thumbsup01

angellionel
09-09-2010, 08:21 PM
With those types of nice old relics coming out of that field there should be some old coppers there. :shocked04:stretcher: It's great that you two got together. thumbsup01

HEAVYMETALNUT
09-10-2010, 06:07 AM
nice relics! leave the coppers for ernie! you got enough already :beatdeadhorse:

trout-hunter
09-10-2010, 08:54 AM
It was great to meet you George and I too had a great time even though we did not score
big but for me at this time it was great therapy. I will work on the farm we discussed and let you know and also hope to meet and hunt with other forum members. The back of the button you let me dig lol reads J.Manns extra rich gilt. Can you date it from that Dan?

coinnut
09-10-2010, 10:46 AM
It was great to meet you George and I too had a great time even though we did not score
big but for me at this time it was great therapy. I will work on the farm we discussed and let you know and also hope to meet and hunt with other forum members. The back of the button you let me dig lol reads J.Manns extra rich gilt. Can you date it from that Dan?

Hey Ernie, I think we did pretty darn good for a field. Some of them I have done, produced absolutely nothing good. This one had colonial and post colonial relics in it. I also get great therapy, every time I go out...that's what I love about detecting in the wide open sky....why pay a doctor for something nature can provide :yes: I also Googled J. Manns extra rich gilt and found this lol The guy named BuckleBoy responded to someone that found the same button (1805-1843). So Dan is off the hook :grin:

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php?topic=176479.0;imode

del
09-10-2010, 12:51 PM
The back of the button you let me dig lol reads J.Manns extra rich gilt. Can you date it from that Dan?

hey Ernie , i'm sorry to say that George is right about the age of the button lol lol but he didn't have to goggle it to find out . 8/ he could of found out easier by looking in the references in the sticky topic ye olde relic hunters resourse guide
http://www.americandetectorist.com/forum/index.php?topic=877.0
that he helped put together but i guess thats what happens ( memory loss) when he starts to get old . lol rofl
heres a link to one of the button maker pages , its alphabetized and your backmark is in there

http://pw1.netcom.com/~jimyce/bm.html#M

congrats again Ernie and i agree it would be nice to get together with some more forum members .

Dan

jkress
09-10-2010, 11:30 PM
Great hunt for the two of you!!

I really need to start spending some time relic hunting. Sometimes I get so focused on silver coins that I don't pay attention to what's happening on screen unless it's in the top right corner.

Congrats and thanks for posting!

catskillcomics
09-14-2010, 07:08 PM
Great hunt..!! I do love relic hunting as well, though I don't (or haven't) spent too much time on this year on research.. maybe some day someone will invite me on a hunt (wink wink, nudge nudge) :teasing:

coinnut
09-14-2010, 09:20 PM
maybe some day someone will invite me on a hunt (wink wink, nudge nudge) :teasing:

Gee, I hope you find someone to invite you rofl You know it's anytime you want with us Scott. :yes: But you have to bring the other guy too lol

tanacat
09-16-2010, 10:08 AM
Gee, I hope you find someone to invite you rofl

Here, allow me the honor Scott :bop: :hammer: :behave:

Very nice you and Ernie got together- I always like to see the group hunts, bonding of like minds. And one of these days Angie (Epi-hunter) and I will get together for a hunt :poke: We only live about 20 minutes apart :)

coinnut
09-16-2010, 05:40 PM
Here, allow me the honor Scott :bop: :hammer: :behave:

You must be a politician or a newspaper reporter Tana lol you only print part of the story. :bop: Here let me give you the second line :eyebrow:

You know it's anytime you want with us Scott. :yes: But you have to bring the other guy too lol

Now that's better lol :angelic:

tanacat
09-17-2010, 08:10 AM
You must be a politician or a newspaper reporter Tana lol you only print part of the story. :bop:

rofl so true...

Cheap Thrills
09-17-2010, 03:16 PM
Nice finds you guys did great . thumbsup01 thumbsup01

RobW
09-20-2010, 02:06 PM
Boy you guys sure get around.........LOL! Nice finds