PDA

View Full Version : New Member from da Copper Country of da U.P. of Michigan

Yooper Rich
03-25-2019, 09:58 AM
Hello everyone,
Don't have a detector yet but have owned several previously. I'm in the process of pulling the trigger on a Nox 600 but have plenty of time yet. First, we still have a good 2 plus ft. of snow on the ground here and second, I broke my leg a couple of weeks ago. Have a bit of property and there was an old homstead on it at one time. The house and barns burned. Remnant of an old log cabin are here though and it had been used for a chicken coop. down a small hill from it in a low area of the woods is an old rock cistern 5x8x5. Planning on digging a bit of it out. So plenty for me to swing for and get used to the machine. Thanks for adding me to the forum!

Tony Two-Cent
03-25-2019, 10:13 AM
Welcome, Rich! We are glad you joined us! Sorry to hear about your broken leg, I hope it is healing well. It sounds like you have some nice detecting sites lined up. Best of luck with your NOX when you pull the trigger on it. Keep us posted on your progress! :yes:

OxShoeDrew
03-25-2019, 11:59 AM
Hiya, Rich! I swing the Equinox, and having an over-all positive experience with it. How did you beak your leg? Nice country up there, I hope you find lots of goodies and welcome to the group!

Yooper Rich
03-25-2019, 07:20 PM
Hiya, Rich! I swing the Equinox, and having an over-all positive experience with it. How did you beak your leg? Nice country up there, I hope you find lots of goodies and welcome to the group!
Thank you for the welcome! Was out by my garage and it had snowed on top of some ice. Slipped and my leg went completely behind me and I fell back on it. This is my second time with this leg. Broke it 10 years ago when a 850lb garage door broke loose and came down on it. In the mean time I'm enjoying seeing what all of you are finding.

Digger_O'Dell
03-26-2019, 02:05 AM
Hello Rich and welcome from a neighbor! Sounds like you got a bit of history up your way, nice! What area of the UP if I may ask? I'm hoping to visit a friend in Ontonagon this summer.

Yooper Rich
03-26-2019, 06:48 AM
Hello Rich and welcome from a neighbor! Sounds like you got a bit of history up your way, nice! What area of the UP if I may ask? I'm hoping to visit a friend in Ontonagon this summer.
I'm only 25 miles east of Ontonogan off M38. Out in da bush!

aloldstuff
04-03-2019, 06:00 AM
Welcome from western MA. Sorry to hear of you breaking a leg also that you still have 2' of snow left. I use a White's V3i but have hunted with members who have the NOX and it is quite an impressive machine.

del
04-05-2019, 04:42 AM
Hello and welcome to the forum Rich , there is a lot of great history in the Great lakes areas . I hear good things about the nox machines and I hope you do well with it although I won't tell you to "break a leg" .

Dan