PDA

View Full Version : A good day to get out

del
05-05-2019, 07:00 PM
I hit a cellar hole with Donnie B and Heavymetalnut early before a scheduled club hunt and managed to get my coil over two coppers66389 and a few buttons. I had a great time at the YTC/ARNE club hunt due to the fact the pressure was off because of the coins found earlier. lots of friends and laughs and the finds were good too66385. A big shout out to Jeff calzarette for organizing this hunt at a 1200 acre Boy Scout camp! The area we focused was a newly acquired piece of property that had a standing 1740 era home 66384My highlights were my first complete wrought iron colonial stirrup , a huge silver plated shoe buckle frame that was found about 10 inches down surrounded by iron nails (Dave helped me pull nails out of the hole , thanks Mr. Wise) , a nice little watch winder 66386 66387 66388and 3rd copper of the day (hat trick) .66395An old 1954 dog license 66390and religious medal 66391and some odds and ends ( silver plated Victorian era spoon a colonial door jamb escutcheon , musket ball an a couple more buttons) 66392 66393 last picture shows the large plated buckle I found on this hunt and an older (smaller) one to shoe difference in size of these buckles in about a 100 years span.66394

Doug Bowden captured some of this hunt on his youtube video here , Doug is very entertaining to watch
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9aFPSNndYc

Dan

Digger Don
05-05-2019, 07:21 PM
Wow Dan, you did some diggin!!
Great job digging a nice variety of finds!
A very productive day for sure! :congrats:

Lodge Scent
05-05-2019, 09:31 PM
That stirrup is a very cool find Dan. Huge buckle, 3 coppers, cherub watch winder, and more.....great hunt!

Donnie B
05-06-2019, 05:42 AM
Absolutely awesome day, Dan! You killed it in the finds department. I got to see you pull yet another copper out of your hat. You need to teach me that trick! I didn't know that was a door escutcheon. That's cool! Great day and a very fun day!

Bucknut
05-07-2019, 02:16 AM
Lots of great finds!

Full Metal Digger
05-07-2019, 01:48 PM
Great finds Del! I recognize a couple faces in the group photo. I got to say those buckles are SWEET! That little one is 100 times nicer than anything I've dug over here! Great job and pics. Best wishes and happy hunting, Dave.

OxShoeDrew
05-07-2019, 02:54 PM
That's SOME hunting! Hey, were you guys just south of where you found that silver buckle? Also, is that Jim in the center of the pic? Haven't heard from him or Brian of late. Awesome keepers!

del
05-08-2019, 04:53 AM
Wow Dan, you did some diggin!!
Great job digging a nice variety of finds!
A very productive day for sure! :congrats:

Thanks Don , This home site I and another detectorist tried to get permission for about 12 years ago but got a firm NO :lol:

That stirrup is a very cool find Dan. Huge buckle, 3 coppers, cherub watch winder, and more.....great hunt!

Jeff , you were the first person I thought of when that big old shoe buckle surfaced . Thanks

Absolutely awesome day, Dan! You killed it in the finds department. I got to see you pull yet another copper out of your hat. You need to teach me that trick! I didn't know that was a door escutcheon. That's cool! Great day and a very fun day!

Donnie I was itching so bad for that 3rd copper , what a day !

Lots of great finds!

Thank you Bucknut

Great finds Del! I recognize a couple faces in the group photo. I got to say those buckles are SWEET! That little one is 100 times nicer than anything I've dug over here! Great job and pics. Best wishes and happy hunting, Dave.

Dave , I've seen some of your buckles and I'm envious of many of them sir . Thank you

That's SOME hunting! Hey, were you guys just south of where you found that silver buckle? Also, is that Jim in the center of the pic? Haven't heard from him or Brian of late. Awesome keepers!

Yes we were Drew that large piece of open land just south of where that little buckle was found , the standing farm house was right on RT44 . Jim , looked good and had a good day as well with two coppers and some other interesting items. In fact I think he found the first coin in Doug's video . Thanks

Dan

The Rebel
05-08-2019, 10:49 AM
Nice job Dan! That house just screams please hunt me!

HEAVYMETALNUT
05-13-2019, 08:42 PM
you kicked our arses!

del
05-14-2019, 04:54 AM
Nice job Dan! That house just screams please hunt me!

Yeah it does and I would go back if I could !:yes:

you kicked our arses!

I don't know if I would ever get tired of hearing that Dave :rofl: Thanks , sometimes its better to be lucky than good !