PDA

View Full Version : frustrating day, but one silver

randy
09-10-2010, 10:45 PM
Haven't been able to get out all week, but today went back to a park where an hour of random swinging down the trails netted a couple of shallow silvers including a nice SLQ. Figuring the trails had never been detected, today I decided to carefully grid along them, and after about 3 hours, had nothing but a pair of dateless wheaties to show for it :bangahead01:

When burnout hit, after a beautiful sounding 9-47 signal turned out to be a large junk ring of pipe of some sort :mad:, I decided to call it a day. The fastest path back to my car was a half mile hike off-trail thru the woods, and of course I'm swinging all the while, and manage to salvage the day by randomly hitting a merc in the middle of the woods at 1 inch, a good 50 feet from the nearest trail. It came out pretty abused, too, the reverse is almost totally black. Hopefully everyone else had a more productive day.

jkress
09-10-2010, 11:15 PM
Although frustrating... you did walk away with some nice silver. That's a good day! :)

Congrats and good luck next time out.

coinnut
09-11-2010, 08:56 PM
Hope you GPS'd that spot...you were probably right in the middle of a picnic spot lol Just kidding! It is wierd that there are coins out in the middle of the woods for no apparent reason. But they are there and you got one. Lucky it wasn't a Memorial or your post could have been quite different rofl

angellionel
09-11-2010, 09:35 PM
Man, do I know that feeling! :shocked01: At least you still walked out of there with a silver though. :happydance01:

Ill Digger
09-12-2010, 09:23 AM
One's better than none :yes:
Like I've been findin' lately crying01
Nice find !
Congrats :grin: