PDA

View Full Version : Sort of cleaned up half dime and rings

badgers325
06-26-2019, 08:56 AM
Hi Everyone - got the half dime somewhat cleaned up. Caked dirt is off. I think I am going to leave it as is. Too chicken to do anything else with it and I kind of like it found in the state it is in. Sorry for the somewhat poor photography, I think it was harder for me to take the pictures vs. finding the objects:lol:

Half dime found in an old "swamp". Topo maps have this whole area as swamp country back in the day. The closest civilization even in 1900 was 6 miles away. Maybe a it was show and tell for a kid at school and he/she left it for me to find years later????

Gold/silver ring (10K and sterling ESPO) was found near an old soccer field and same with the silver ring. What a day it was even though I was only out for about 60 minutes. Half dime was too darn exciting to concentrate for me. Yes I will be going back there.

Tony Two-Cent
06-26-2019, 10:01 AM
I think you've gone as far as you should with the Half Dime. You got the dirt off of it while leaving the natural toning and patina. I think it looks great! It must have been brand new when it was dropped because it has amazing detail and sharp rims!

Bucknut
06-26-2019, 10:57 AM
I totally agree with Tony...just leave it alone from now on. That coin has a ton of detail on it! Great find.

Yeah anyone's guess as to why it was there. The Capped Bust half dime I found last year was near a river and my thought was that there could of been people exploring up river since there was a small settlement about 8 miles down the river.

badgers325
06-26-2019, 11:32 AM
Thanks Tony and Bucknut. I am officially putting it away.

It is funny to see your finds Bucknut. 1832 half dime and a similar ring except mine had the silver over the 10K gold. I guess you are my idol or inspiration.

Bucknut
06-27-2019, 03:00 PM
It is funny to see your finds Bucknut. 1832 half dime and a similar ring except mine had the silver over the 10K gold. I guess you are my idol or inspiration.

Well that makes 1 person!

wisconsin digger
06-28-2019, 11:43 AM
Looks pretty nice to me. Well done on the find and the cleaning. WD

badgers325
06-28-2019, 12:07 PM
Thanks WD!

Bucknut - I will start the Bucknut Fan Club.

Digger Don
06-30-2019, 05:54 PM
Looks perfect the way you have it. Wow, what a beautiful coin :perfect10:

badgers325
07-01-2019, 09:13 AM
Thanks Don. I found a Ben Franklin half dollar yesterday on a permission I have. Instantly thought, so this is what it is like to be Digger Don. Now for a silver watch.....

OxShoeDrew
01-02-2020, 05:51 PM
Is there an original post to this half dime, badgers? I hope it got up on the banner! I don't recall it and missed it!