PDA

View Full Version : GOD BLESS AMERICA

pulltabsteve
09-11-2010, 04:15 PM
I was at work about 30 miles away when the planes hit. I walked outside of work and looked to the west and could see the smoke. I said a prayer. We closed shop and I headed home to be with my family. NEVER FORGET.

Where Were You When The World Stopped Turning? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyPtqvaKAfU#)

Epi-hunter
09-11-2010, 05:31 PM
Great post. We were forever changed on that day. I was watching it live on TV when Flight 175 hit the south tower. There are no words to describe the feeling of watching that plane hit and the tower crumbling to the ground. With all those people.

zrickkid
09-11-2010, 07:41 PM
Truly a day to never forget. It should be a National Holiday!

coinnut
09-11-2010, 09:19 PM
It's one of those moments frozen in time. I remember watching it and getting ready for work. At the time I didn't realize that a family we knew well would have the worst day in their life, as their daughter was a Stewardess on one of the American Airlines planes that hit the tower. So for me, I cannot forget that day. Be happy for what we have in life. I agree, a national holiday of rememberance is in order. A day to spend with family or friends.

del
09-12-2010, 01:40 PM
i couldn't agree more whole heartedly , a day when everyone of us Americans new there were people out there with a true evil hatred for us an our very way of life here in America. whats amazing is how quickly some of us forget . it should be a National Hero's and Patriot Day because we saw a glimpse of the best in Americans on that day and we all felt united and what it was to be proud American , from those brave passengers that lost their lives on the flight that thwarted their captor's plans in Pennsylvania to the first responders at the towers and pentagon . America and the world saw some extrordinary courage and pride that day.

coinnut
10-31-2010, 06:02 PM
As you can see some posts were removed from this topic. We feel they were not in line with the subject matter and a bit insensitive to those of us who were hurt by the attacks. I personally knew a family who's daughter was a stewardess aboard one of the flights that ended up hitting one of the towers. So please do not bring raw politics into anyone's topic. Please be civil towards each other. It may be a free country, but here, we will not tolerate any rash remarks. Think before you post.

Epi-hunter
10-31-2010, 06:08 PM
Hey Steve, thanks for this thread. You have our support. thumbsup01

CyberSage
10-31-2010, 07:29 PM
Very honorable post Steve. God's speed to those who perished.

Toadman
01-20-2011, 03:05 PM
I too can't possibly forget.. I had just showed up for my first 2 mows of the day.. The homeowner came out and said a small plane had hit one of the towers.. She came back out a short time later and said another had hit.. I called it a day, and will never work on 9/11 again.. The more i saw on tv that day the more upset i got..

God bless America

Indy!
01-20-2011, 03:10 PM
I'll never forget that day. The whole company I worked for at the time just stopped working, and watched the news the whole day, calling our loved ones and praying for the families over there. I'll never forget it. Thanks for posting Steve!

Indy!

Dimeman
01-20-2011, 03:22 PM
A cousin of mine lived 7 blocks from the towers in a loft. She heard the plane hit and turned on the TV. When the 2nd plane hit she knew there was big trouble. When the dust showered the city she said it was the most horrific thing she had ever seen. Everything covered in that dust---cars, buildings, people, the streets......it was like a nightmare.

She no longer lives there and doesn't like to talk about it.