PDA

View Full Version : No posts since middle May so I did a summary

wisconsin digger
06-28-2019, 11:41 AM
Typical June with pretty many uneventful hunts. A lot of single or double silver days but it has been a grind. I think this summary is of the last 11 hunts I've done since my last post. The nicest coin in the lot was a Barber Dime I found Sunday in the Park where I found the Seated Dime. It was at the base of a tree about an inch under the surface. I thought I was digging a memorial or wheatie at best so it was a nice surprise. Wheaties have been popping as I found 79 in those 11 hunts but not a lot of nickels which seems a little odd. It is getting hot so I may take a break from hunting till I find some new spots. Wisconsin Digger

Full Metal Digger
06-28-2019, 12:10 PM
Lots of silvers! How do you get the buffalo nickels so clean?

Digger_O'Dell
06-28-2019, 01:51 PM
Nice looking Barber and that IH is so clean! Glad to see you've been able to get out. With my work schedule and the almost daily rain I've been dead in the water so to speak.
How are ground conditions up your way? Ground still oversaturated and waterways flooded around Milwaukee.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

wisconsin digger
06-28-2019, 05:35 PM
Don't cringe but the Buffalos are soaked in salt and vinegar and all coppers and nickels get a brush on the soft wire wheel. These looked netter then they were as 2 were pretty pitted but the photo must of hid the pitting. The Indian looks clean as an undug. Ground was actually getting a bit dry till yesterday but I was not hunting any low areas. WD

Bucknut
06-28-2019, 06:47 PM
Well done! 20 silvers in 5 weeks or so is very impressive.

Tony Two-Cent
06-29-2019, 07:23 AM
Those look like eventful hunts to me! That is an impressive number of silver coins. I have often done well around the bases of trees in "hunted out" parks. Many times I have found old coins only an inch or so deep that way.

Congrats on all of those great coins and I hope that you are able to find some new detecting spots!

:congrats:

Cooper
06-29-2019, 07:24 PM
Ya I would say those were eventful hunts. I’m going to have to do a park hunt

Digger Don
06-30-2019, 05:51 PM
Man, that's a whole lot of silver.
What part of Wisconsin are you in? Maybe i can up your way sometime and we could try a little door knocking!