PDA

View Full Version : Baldric, CT Copper

OxShoeDrew
07-18-2019, 08:22 AM
Summer is moving right along :girlcry: but the weather has been manageable.
The baldric buckle is distinctive in that I don't remember seeing pointed "batwings" only on the ends, none on the sides. You wanna start a forum fight?...say it's used for animals or personal adornment...or just give a date...always contentious. :lol:

Connecticut coppers ALWAYS give themselves away...for some reason you can always see the CONNEC.
Thanks!

Donnie B
07-18-2019, 03:52 PM
Great finds! I am one who doesn't believe the Baldric's were used for animals but what do I know? :pirate:

Tony Two-Cent
07-18-2019, 04:13 PM
Indian Heads are so ho-hum that they don't even garner a mention. :crying01: :lol:

It looks like you found a trade token too. What's it say on it?

How amazing it is that a copper in that state can still be identified!

I'll leave the baldric buckle conversation to the experts. :angelic:

Congrats on the cool finds, Drew! :clapping:

del
07-19-2019, 04:57 AM
Just for reference where was the buckle found ?? near a cellar hole , over grown field , modern farm field , park ??

congrats on the Ct. copper , its been years since Donnie has seen one up close !

Dan

Lodge Scent
07-19-2019, 10:23 AM
Baldric.....can't help but think of Blackadder's manservant.

Nice digs Drew. You insult the ox knob by not mentioning it.

badgers325
07-19-2019, 11:02 AM
I am with Tony on this one. Nice Indian head penny. Not sure what that other stuff is. Maybe someday when i get out East:crossfingers:

Congrats on your finds. It is nice to see what you guys pull out of the ground in older areas of the country in terms of European settlers.

OxShoeDrew
07-19-2019, 01:20 PM
Great finds! I am one who doesn't believe the Baldric's were used for animals but what do I know? :pirate:Me too, Donnie. Too much care taken if it were just tack related. What's Dan talking about you not seeing a CT copper in a few years? You have a CT jinx?Thanks!

How amazing it is that a copper in that state can still be identified!
:lol: It's really tough dirt around here...the Indians and even wheats are always beat. Thanks!

Just for reference where was the buckle found ?? near a cellar hole , over grown field , modern farm field , park ??

congrats on the Ct. copper , its been years since Donnie has seen one up close !

DanComplicated site, Dan. I'll text you a map. Technically a field but lots of human traffic.

I am with Tony on this one. Nice Indian head penny. Not sure what that other stuff is.:lol: OK...it's a 1906...with the usual chipped edges...this is not the midwest where IHs come out like the day they were dropped :lol: Thanks!

OxShoeDrew
07-19-2019, 01:22 PM
Jeff, I LOVE Blackadder!! Watched them many times! I even watch Tony's newer youtube shows. Saw a good one this week about mills in England. Thanks!

Donnie B
07-19-2019, 05:34 PM

Dan

Au contraire, Danny! I have seen several Connecticut coppers up close in the past couple of years! They (ahem) just happened to have been in your finds pouch. :rofl::envious::girlcry:

del
07-19-2019, 06:54 PM
Au contraire, Danny! I have seen several Connecticut coppers up close in the past couple of years! They (ahem) just happened to have been in your finds pouch. :rofl::envious::girlcry:

:coffeelaugh::lol::lol:

The Rebel
07-21-2019, 03:24 PM
Nice going Drew! Glad you could ID the CT, looks like it's almost a slick rick.