PDA

View Full Version : Hibernia? Madison Dollar.

OxShoeDrew
07-24-2019, 05:40 PM
I get out every morning for about 90 min but won't be able to hunt for the next week :girlcry:
I think the copper is a Hibernia but not certain ...and I didn't even know they made Madison dollars :shocked02:
Here is the take since Friday-

del
07-25-2019, 05:30 AM
looks like a George III Drew , I bet its pretty thin too .

badgers325
07-25-2019, 07:41 AM
Great to get out for an hour or so everyday. Nice finds! I found a John Adams dollar coin and was wondering what the heck it was. No idea those were minted 10 years ago.

Tony Two-Cent
07-25-2019, 10:26 AM
I think they are making dollar coins featuring every president eventually.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Presidential_$1_Coin_Program

Congrats on the KGIII if that's what it is. An oldie for sure!

Lodge Scent
07-26-2019, 11:21 AM
Not a bad 90 minutes of work there Drew.

OxShoeDrew
07-26-2019, 03:01 PM
Great to get out for an hour or so everyday. Nice finds! I found a John Adams dollar coin and was wondering what the heck it was. No idea those were minted 10 years ago.

I think they are making dollar coins featuring every president eventually.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Presidential_$1_Coin_Program

Congrats on the KGIII if that's what it is. An oldie for sure!Yeah, when I looked at it in the hole I thought it was one of presidential tokens from the 30s to 50s. Then I saw dollar on the back...but couldn't find a date...until google told me the date is on the coin edge. Thanks guys!

Not a bad 90 minutes of work there Drew.Thanks, Jeff...but it was a series of 90 min days. Maybe 4 or 5 days. I get to hunt daily now :grin:

looks like a George III Drew , I bet its pretty thin too .Thanks, Dan...you're good! It really IS thin, so thin in fact I threw it in my pouch thinking it was a shankless dandy, then I rubbed it, just to see if I had my first large GW :lol: ..then I saw the bust. I was really surprised it was a copper. That nose looked like the Hibernia noses.:)

calabash digger
07-27-2019, 02:14 PM
Man you were doing some digging to find all that in 90 minutes...good hunt

BTV Digger
07-27-2019, 03:27 PM
Nice Drew! Wish I had an hour a day to hunt. Alas, it's not to be.

John