PDA

View Full Version : DUD CELLAR HOLE HUNT

HEAVYMETALNUT
09-11-2010, 09:39 PM
got out with Gary today found 4 sites.all were hammered and real quiet.
again the indian head saves the day.
a broken Escutcheon plate,a flat button and a nice lookin square nail lol
the rock formation is what is left of a bridge crossing a river and the yellow thing i couldn't focus on was a huge spider in the cellar hole.his abdomen was the size of a marble with orange legs and black markings on his yellow body

coinnut
09-11-2010, 09:48 PM
Indian Head saves the day again lol At least you got a coin and a pretty nice condition and date too thumbsup01 Plus you got to go out and detect. I spent the whole day working :ticked: But if that spider ever got a hold of you, I think this would be you :stretcher: lol

HEAVYMETALNUT
09-11-2010, 09:50 PM
Indian Head saves the day again lol At least you got a coin and a pretty nice condition and date too thumbsup01 Plus you got to go out and detect. I spent the whole day working :ticked: But if that spider ever got a hold of you, I think this would be you :stretcher: lol

you shoulda seen the markings on this spider! i was pissed the camera wouldn't focus in on it.i tried for like 15 mins and gave up.
somebody identified it on another forum.it's a marbled orb weaver spider.

jkress
09-11-2010, 11:45 PM
A slow but nice day HMN!

It would be nice to peel back the layers of time and watch a day in the life of one of your cellar holes... see it during it's active time.

Have you ever been able to hunt a cellar hole that you have obtained historic photos of? It would be quite nice to see a before and current picture.

Congrats!!

HEAVYMETALNUT
09-12-2010, 04:58 AM
A slow but nice day HMN!

It would be nice to peel back the layers of time and watch a day in the life of one of your cellar holes... see it during it's active time.

Have you ever been able to hunt a cellar hole that you have obtained historic photos of? It would be quite nice to see a before and current picture.

Congrats!!

i've often thought the same same thing many times.i don't think they had kodaks in 1780 though :confused:
on a serious note i often think if only i had a time machine and like you said just to watch the daily activity of the household and to see what the house might have looked like etc would be incredible.

kenfen
09-12-2010, 07:14 AM
I've always though of my detector being the closest I'll get to a time machine. Great day when you consider you could have come home with zilch. Nice IH!

Regards, Ken