PDA

View Full Version : More Silver Than Normal

OxShoeDrew
08-20-2019, 08:31 AM
I have some woods sites lined up but I'm waiting until the fall when the bees die...and I'm still waiting on the second cut of the fields so I've been hitting parks.
That buckle is too light for tack and looks old.
The '24 Merc is a looker!
Thanks!

Bucknut
08-20-2019, 08:55 AM
Nice silver! That merc is crisp!

Tony Two-Cent
08-20-2019, 09:20 AM
Isn't it crazy that there's still so much silver left in public parks? Especially silver quarters! That 1924 Merc is a real looker, Drew!

I agree that the buckle looks old too! :yes:

:congrats:

Lodge Scent
08-20-2019, 10:12 AM
Glad to see you are keeping those detecting muscles in shape Drew. That is a lot of shiny stuff. Not sure what that mushroom is. Maybe a northern tooth.

badgers325
08-23-2019, 09:49 AM
Looks like some nice finds there!

Cheap Thrills
08-23-2019, 04:29 PM
Congrats on all the silver Drew . That 1924 is indeed a looker !

fyrffytr1
08-23-2019, 07:30 PM
Nice finds. Really like all the silver but that dime is especially clean. I'll be glad when winter gets here. That is our prime hunting season down here in south Georgia. But, I am going at daybreak tomorrow for a couple hours.

OxShoeDrew
08-24-2019, 06:30 PM
Nice silver! That merc is crisp!Sure is, Jared...our horrible dirt has no power over the all mighty silver! Copper, on the other hand doesn't do well up here. Midwest seems to have better dirt. Thanks!

Isn't it crazy that there's still so much silver left in public parks? Especially silver quarters! That 1924 Merc is a real looker, Drew!As you know, the silver is there but you have to go slow and be patient. I've been working in 5kHz of late. I have to dig a few more bottle caps than multi-frequency but it's worth it when I hit the deep silver. Thanks, Tony!

Glad to see you are keeping those detecting muscles in shape Drew. That is a lot of shiny stuff. Not sure what that mushroom is. Maybe a northern tooth.Thanks, Jeff. My wife agrees with you, she says it's a Northern Saw Tooth. There was a large mushroom there last year too. I think I posted a pic. I had a really good colonial hunt yesterday...I'm going back tomorrow morning and will post when I get home. Thanks!

Looks like some nice finds there!Thank you, badgers...I was taken aback when I saw the side of that merc!

Congrats on all the silver Drew . That 1924 is indeed a looker !Thanks, George...good luck learning your new Nox!

calabash digger
08-25-2019, 04:53 PM
Very nice !