PDA

View Full Version : Heading to England for some Detecting!

Full Metal Digger
09-05-2019, 11:40 AM
I am excited to tell you I am heading to England in February for 7 days of detecting. I'll be going with one of those groups (Colchester County) and living in a barn just like IllDigger did! I'm looking forward to finding some English hammered coins for my collection!

Tony Two-Cent
09-05-2019, 12:23 PM
How exciting! With your expertise you are sure to find some hammys, Dave! I hope you will be shooting some video.

Will it be cold there in February?

Full Metal Digger
09-05-2019, 01:31 PM
I hope you will be shooting some video. Will it be cold there in February?

Thanks Tony, yes I will be shooting lots of video! I think it will be chilly and damp weather for sure. I just hope it isn't one of those horrible wind storms with driving snow like Tim got when he went! One of my detecting buddies over here in Germany is going also.

Lodge Scent
09-05-2019, 02:51 PM
That's awesome DD! That's almost as good as being able to detect in Germany!

del
09-05-2019, 05:20 PM
I am excited to tell you I am heading to England in February for 7 days of detecting. I'll be going with one of those groups (Colchester County) and living in a barn just like IllDigger did! I'm looking forward to finding some English hammered coins for my collection!

66953 just when I thought I couldn't hate you any more Dave !:lol:

OxShoeDrew
09-05-2019, 06:42 PM
WOW!! You're living the detectorist's dream of late, Dave! I plan on going the day I retire...except I might change the barn part :lol:
You're going to keep us interested when there is 4 feet of snow on the ground and it's -5. Looking forward to your posts!

Digger Don
09-05-2019, 10:14 PM
Sounds like a great trip Dave. I know you're going to well there, maybe that elusive gold coin!!!
I think Jeff is going to be there in Feb. as well.
Looking forward to your posts & videos.

Full Metal Digger
09-06-2019, 03:24 PM
That's awesome DD! That's almost as good as being able to detect in Germany!

Yeah, I'm a bit jaded now. I'll be looking for the 1100's & 1200's hammered coins. I already got the newer stuff! LOL!

just when I thought I couldn't hate you any more Dave !:lol:

It's more of a loathing than actual hate isn't it Del? ;)

WOW!! You're living the detectorist's dream of late, Dave! I plan on going the day I retire...except I might change the barn part :lol:
You're going to keep us interested when there is 4 feet of snow on the ground and it's -5. Looking forward to your posts!

I'm hoping to have some great stories and pics to help warm you up.

I think Jeff is going to be there in Feb. as well.

Thanks Don, I hope to get that gold coin real soon and yes, I am meeting Jeff for this hunt. He texted me and said there was an open slot if I wanted it. So I begged Stacy and stomped my feet until she said yes!

Noah
09-06-2019, 04:37 PM
Jeff will find the gold coin. He's got the horseshoe somewhere on him. Good luck to you both!
Yeah, I'm a bit jaded now. I'll be looking for the 1100's & 1200's hammered coins. I already got the newer stuff! LOL!

I'm hoping to have some great stories and pics to help warm you up.

Thanks Don, I hope to get that gold coin real soon and yes, I am meeting Jeff for this hunt. He texted me and said there was an open slot if I wanted it. So I begged Stacy and stomped my feet until she said yes!

Cheap Thrills
09-07-2019, 08:40 AM
Best of luck ! :crossfingers:

del
09-09-2019, 04:53 AM

It is Dave , I wish you Jeff the best over there.

So I begged Stacy and stomped my feet until she said yes!

Now that would of been a great beginning to the upcoming trip video :lol:

Ill Digger
09-10-2019, 10:47 AM
Welcome to the club mate! :ukflag:

We need to talk to one of the barn leaders and set up a American Detectorist barn hunt! That should be awesome! (sorry John).

Full Metal Digger
09-10-2019, 11:58 AM
Welcome to the club mate! :ukflag:

We need to talk to one of the barn leaders and set up a American Detectorist barn hunt! That should be awesome! (sorry John).

Great idea Tim! I wonder how many on the AD forum would be seriously interested in a road trip across the pond?