PDA

View Full Version : Another surprise

wisconsin digger
10-15-2019, 11:00 AM
I was not going to post anything but a couple of things occurred I thought were worth sharing. First, I wanted to be the first to use the "S" word. Yes it snowed ever so lightly on Saturday (more of a wet snow), but if that was it for a few months I'll take it. Second, watching videos can be helpful. I had a Fairgrounds earmarked for some hunting this year but a visit in spring seemed to show mostly landfill. I watched a couple of videos a Wisconsin hunter posted and recognized the aerial photos he used. he hunted an area I skipped thinking it was landfill as well. he found a Walker and a Merc. Well in an hour or so I managed 6 wheats and a totally unexpected (lousy signal) Ben Franklin. I'll have to watch a few more videos. Wisconsin Digger

Tony Two-Cent
10-15-2019, 11:10 AM
Congrats on the Franklin Half! That coin is my white whale, I have never found one in all my years of detecting.

I'm glad your detective work revealed a productive area of that site. I bet there's more there.

:congrats:

Cheap Thrills
10-15-2019, 12:04 PM
Congrats on that great looking Franklin ! Those don't pop up often at all !

Bucknut
10-15-2019, 05:33 PM
Great finds! That is one reason why I do not video my hunts bc someone will figure out where I am.

Digger Don
10-15-2019, 06:18 PM
I bet you're glad you went back! Great looking Franklin!
:congrats: