PDA

View Full Version : Digger Al & I Took a Road Trip to Eastern Indiana

Digger Don
10-21-2019, 06:35 PM
We hit the road about 2:30 AM to arrive at our destination at day break. Our first stop was an 1890 court house. There weren't a lot of good signals, but I did manage a 2 wheat/1 Buff spill.

After that we hit a couple of previously hunted yards. We managed a few silvers and a couple of Indians. After we finished those we had a hard time finding yards with enough lawn to detect, so we decided to look for a farm house out in the country.

We came across an old red brick farm house with the owner working outside of his barn. I stopped to talk to him and got a quick NO because it was hunted several years ago by a friend and he figured we wouldn't find any thing. As we talked a bit I could tell he was a very friendly guy and had knowledge of the hobby. He mentioned a couple of you tubers that he watched. Just before I was going to leave I jokingly said to him its a shame he said no because I could almost guarantee that there Indians still buried in his lawn. He laughed and said go prove it. So we did. My very first plug with him standing next to me I pulled out the first Indian. The next hour and a half we all had fun. He stayed with us the whole time just talking about metal detecting and laughing at me when Alec dug a 3 Indian spill in a spot I just walked thru. Between the two of us we dug 8 Indians, 2 suspender clips, 1 lg. skeleton key and a bunch of wheats. The owner was super cool which made it a very fun hunt!!

I'm having a little trouble uploading photos from my computer, so here's a grouping of our finds!!

Bucknut
10-22-2019, 04:48 AM
Man there are a lot of indians there! Great job talking to the owner to win that permission.

Tony Two-Cent
10-22-2019, 07:51 AM
Glad you won that bet, Don! :thumbsup02:

Nice bunch of finds! Lots of Indians and you didn't have to endure the Silverless Drive Home of Shame.

I love that giant key! I've never seen one like it. I wonder what it was to? Must have been something big.

The buckles are awesome too. We just don't find them like that here in Illinois.

Good job!

:congrats:

wisconsin digger
10-22-2019, 11:21 AM
Nice finds and congrats on the recoveries. Hopefully after retirement I plan on making a few road trips as I don't recall ever detecting outside of Wisconsin. WD

Digger Don
10-22-2019, 04:45 PM
Hopefully after retirement I plan on making a few road trips as I don't recall ever detecting outside of Wisconsin. WD[/QUOTE]

Well, when you do and you want some company just let me know. I always enjoy hitting new territory. Maybe we could kidnap Tony and hit the east coast!!!

Noah
10-23-2019, 12:06 PM
Shows you've still got it, and still the talent to get permissions Don. Congrats! Glad you and Al had a good day together. :)