PDA

View Full Version : 2 Hail Mary's

Cheap Thrills
11-13-2019, 08:50 PM
Two trips to the same spot yesterday with two different detectors . I noticed one spot I hadn't hunted in several years had had some shrubbery removed .

This spot is heavily trash laden and previous trips had given up very few coins .
Pretty much the same story yesterday except for two pieces of jewelry .
Hunt one was with the Nox600 (first gold for it ) and the second hunt was with the M6 .Yes , that is part of a hash pipe .

The sterling Submariner's badge was found with my missing pixels Explorer2 a week ago on another trash ridden site .

I believe in using a variety of detectors at different spots at different times .

Happy hunting !

Bucknut
11-13-2019, 09:12 PM
I like that silver badge the best. I agree using different detectors for different situations can be very successful.

Tony Two-Cent
11-14-2019, 11:28 AM
That sterling Sub-Mariner badge is awesome! I've never seen one like it. Very cool! :clapping:

Congrats on the gold too! :yes:

wisconsin digger
11-14-2019, 07:10 PM
I was so busy looking at your finds that I missed the heading tie in DAH, great finds especially the gold piece. WD

OxShoeDrew
11-14-2019, 07:14 PM
WOWEEE...some very nice finds, George! :thumbsup02: I didn't know you had so many detectors.

Cheap Thrills
11-14-2019, 09:02 PM
I like that silver badge the best. I agree using different detectors for different situations can be very successful.

Thanks Bucknut , someone worked very hard to earn that badge .I'd bet it's previous owner would have some stories to tell .

That sterling Sub-Mariner badge is awesome! I've never seen one like it. Very cool! :clapping:

Thanks Tony , the only other one I've ever seen is on an avatar from an ex-submariner on another forum . Man , it takes a lot of guts to be on a submarine for weeks at a time !

Congrats on the gold too! :yes:

Thank you .

I was so busy looking at your finds that I missed the heading tie in DAH, great finds especially the gold piece. WD

Thanks WD , I sometimes try to be witty but usually fail miserably .

WOWEEE...some very nice finds, George! :thumbsup02: I didn't know you had so many detectors.

Thanks Drew , I'm down to 4 now but I'm selling a gold machine I never use and I don't know how much life the old Explorer 2 has left . I don't plan on buying anymore detectors I figure what I have now will probably last until I can no longer hunt .